November 10, 2021
1. Lunch for today: Chicken Ranch Pasta w/Dinner Roll, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Turkey & Cheese Sub.
2. One Act Play practice today at 3:45 pm in the Auditorium. Tomorrow’s practice is at 7 am and then load the bus and trailer after school.
3. Students who are in-eligible will check their phone into Mr. Cronin's office until they are eligible.
4. Students if you took pictures at the photo booth during the homecoming dance they were sent to us and we finally received them. You may pick them up in Mrs. Arganbright's room.
5. Juniors please pay $15 dues to Jaycie or Mrs. Buechle as soon as possible.
6. Seniors check your email from Journalism about Senior Prophecies. Seniors need to fill the Google form out ASAP.
7. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office for the state tournament in Omaha February 17th through the 19th. Although we will be able to submit a group order again this year, a few changes have taken place: All tickets will be distributed electronically. You will need a Ticketmaster account associated with the email you provide. Payment in full will be required when placing your order. Tickets for all B & C sessions, including girls, are $36 each. Orders need to be placed by Thanksgiving break Nov. 23rd.
8. Any student council member that would like to attend the leadership conference in Kearney on Wednesday, November 17th, please see the announcement in the Band App.
9. Students and Staff: November is the month of gratitude. The Student Council is going to give away a prize at the end of the month to a student from each grade and a staff member for sharing what you're thankful for. You can find a red drop box in the commons. Please share what you're thankful for!
10. Attention all students! We need your help with the canned food drive sponsored by VHS student council and FBLA. Counts are in as of 11/9/21...Freshmen are at 0 and you need to take your foods to Sherbeyn’s room. Sophomores are at 4 and are collected in Adams’ room. Juniors are rocking it at 38 and those go to Epke’s room. Seniors are sliding in at 0 and are collected in Bish’s room.Teachers & staff are leading the pack at 42. Bring your canned goods by Friday, November 19th to help your class win. Stuffing, yams/sweet potatoes, and cranberry sauce are worth two points; each additional item is worth one. The individual who earns the most points will receive their pick of Badger gear from The Badger Den!
11. Boys Basketball conditioning in the gym at 3:35 and Girls basketball at 5 pm this week.
12. Today is the On to College ACT test Prep from 8 am-10 am. Classes then will run on the 10:00 schedule and we eat during period 4.
13. Veteran’s Day program will be Thursday from 10:15-11:15 am in the Auditorium. Band & Choir students will sit in the front two rows and will be dismissed at 10:10 to prepare for the program. Classes will dismiss via intercom to go to the auditorium, leaving their books and materials in their 3rd period classroom. Teachers will sit with their students and at the conclusion of the program students will get your things from your 3rd period classroom and go to period 4 class for the remainder of the time.
14. Congratulations to this week’s Badger Scholar of the week, Emma Richards. Mrs. O’Keefe says Emma is having a great academic year. She has A's in every class and is involved in many activities including one-act, volleyball, wrestling, track, BIONIC team, FFA, FBLA, and student council. Emma has also enlisted in the Army. We are very proud of all you do, Emma.
15. There will be an informational meeting Thursday at 7 pm in the Commons for those interested in traveling to Australia and New Zealand.
16. Mid Plains Community College will be here Thursday afternoon to do spring registrations.