October 1, 2021
- Lunch for today is: Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, Toasted Cheese Sandwich w/Tomato Soup, or Roasted Ham Cheddar Deli Wrap.
- Seniors, please complete the Google form sent from Journalism. Baby pictures are due tomorrow.
- Homecoming is this week with the theme: Blazing through the decades. Today is SPIRIT Day! The parade will be at 2:30 PM today. Crowning of the homecoming king and queen will take place at half-time of the football game that starts at 7:00 pm when the Badgers take on the Hershey Panthers. The dance will follow the game in the multipurpose room for all 9th-12th graders. Doors will close approximately 1 hour after the football game ends. Entry to the dance is $5 for a single and $8 for a couple ALL school rules apply to spirit days and at the dance. Go Badgers!!
- Thank you to all the students that participated in our annual spirit week. Student Council had a daily drawing for the costumes. Monday the roaring '20s went to Brooke and Isaac for Bonnie and Clyde. Tuesday the '50s and '60s was Jesse Waugh. Wednesday the '70s went to Mariah Welliver, Thursday '80s, '90s, and '00s was Marybelle Ward. Thank you for your participation and there will be a winner after spirit day for those that dressed up every day!!! Be on the watch for the winners of the grand prize!
- Spirit Squad will practice Monday at 6:30 am.
- Student Council Members please pay your $25 dues to Mrs. Arganbright or Lindsey Boes.
- There will be a brief Mat Maids meeting after school in the commons Monday, October 4th.
- Artwork submissions are now being accepted for this year's Old West Days and Nebraska Cowboy Poetry Gathering, held in Valentine at the High School on October 7-10, 2021.Artwork preferably has a western theme and will be showcased in the commons area of Valentine High School during Old West Days. Please mark the pieces with the student's name, school, and/or class, so that it may be returned after the event. Art may be dropped off at KVSH Radio, 126 W 3rd Street in Valentine, or please call Ann Krueger to arrange pickup: 402-322-1005 or email: email@example.com Submission deadline is Thursday, October 7th. If you know of any home-schooled students who might be interested in submitting art, please help spread the word!
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. on October 14 in Mrs. Kilmer's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so your attendance is required.
- BIONIC team members please ALL plan on attending a quick meeting on October 11 at 7 pm in the commons area. We will be signing cards, so it will be a fast but important meeting.
- ESU Health Screening will be today at 12:45 for Sophomores. Teachers have a schedule and will send you to the Choir room when it is your time to go there.
- LOGOS will begin next Wednesday, October 6th at the Presbyterian Church from 6:00-8:15 pm. See the office for a registration form.
- Freshman need to get their Chocolate Sales money turned into Houdek or Epke by Tuesday of next week!