February 2, 2021
- Lunch for today will be: Combo Sub, Cheeseburger, or Chicken Fried Rice, Candied Carrots, Broccoli, Fruit, & Milk.
- Be sure to check the clothing and shoes that are in the Commons. Everyone has had a month to take home what belongs to them, so if you see something that you could use, go ahead and take it home.
- Boys Cornhusker State applications are in the office and girls state applications are available from the Auxiliary. Any boy or girl who are a part of the Junior class are eligible to apply. For more information go to the American Legion/Auxiliary website or talk to Mr. Cronin.
- Any Junior girls interested in Cornhusker Girls State there will be an informational meeting after school at 3:30 pm on Wednesday, February 3 in the auditorium.
- Attention Coronation participants. Just a reminder to order your tuxes.
- Coronation will be Sunday, February 14th at the High School at 5 PM. There will be a dance at the school from 7:30-10:30. Admission is $5 per person or a ticket with proof that you attended the ceremony. Tickets can be purchased at Young's Western Wear or Janine's for $3 a student.
- We have a Motorola cell phone in the office that we think fell out of someone's vehicle out front.
- Mark Powers will be doing assemblies in the auditorium during period 2 this Wednesday, Feb, 3rd & 4th. February 3rd’s classes will be Jensen, Muirhead, & Hoefs. Feb. 4th classes will be: Pilakowski, Stoner, & Springer.
- All-State Honor Band and Choir is at Chadron today.
- Quiz Bowl practice today at 3:35 pm in Mrs. Adams’ room.
- Mental Mornings will be each Wednesday at 7:20 am in Mr. Beebout’s room.
- FBLA officers meet tomorrow at 7:30 am.
- Seniors will be working on college scholarships and applications tomorrow during period 5. They will eat 1st shift and then go to the auditorium for the rest of the period.
- Student Council will have a meeting Thursday at 7:30 am in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
- Mock Trial will practice Thursday at 4:15 pm in Adams room.
- Congratulations to Shyanne Urbin for being selected as this week’s Badger of the Week. Mrs. Cardinal and Mrs. Galvin say Shyanne has done a fabulous job in Speech this year. She has taken Sarah, Grace, and Finley under her wing and has taught them the ins and outs of competing in extemporaneous speech. This is one of the most challenging, but also rewarding speech competitions. Shyanne took it upon herself to explain this event to each new extemper, help them prepare their supplies, and walk them through the process. She did this instinctively and it made a huge impression on Mrs. Galvin and I. Speech is truly a team sport and Shyanne has stepped up into leadership. We appreciate you and applaud you, Shyanne, keep being AMAZING!
- Congratulations to Connor Kreutner who truly deserves to be Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Kilmer says Connor is an exceptionally hard working student with an overall cumulative GPA of 97%, which is no small feat. He chooses classes to challenge himself as well. But what I most admire about Connor is his good heart. He is polite and kind, and he has a hello and thank you for everyone he crosses paths with in the hallway. He goes through life with a grateful and positive attitude. Connor, you are awesome!