High School Daily Announcements
Friday, March 29, 2019
March 29, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Veggie Melt, Pepperoni French Bread Pizza, or Strawberry Banana Yogurt Crunch Parfait w/Graham Crackers, Mixed Vegetables, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Today is an “On to College Day” from 8:00 am till 10:00 am and then the rest of the day we will run on the 10:00 schedule. Lunch will be served during period 4.
- The library will be closed today at 12:45 pm.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the office.
- Reminder that if you do intend on going to prom the deadline for all the forms to be signed and turned in to Mrs. Adams is next Friday, April 5th.
- Order forms for T Shirts for the three time state champion Badger wrestling team are in the office for anyone interested. Orders must be placed with the Outback by May 1st.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- If ordering a tuxedo for prom from the Outback please order before Monday, April 1st.
- The Valentine Middle School has challenged VES and VHS in a contest to see who can raise the most money to help victims of the recent flooding. Today any student and staff may wear a hat after paying a $1. This is just one small thing we can do to help those in need. Please see Mr. Cronin or hMr. Brown to participate.
- Varsity Track at Bassett Monday at 10:00 am. Departure is at 7:30 am. Field Events start at 10:00 and Running events at noon.
- Tuesday, April 2nd the Junior class will be taking their Nebraska State Accountability test. ALL JUNIORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT SCHOOL BY 7:30 AM. The ACT test is a time consuming test and will require testing from 8:00 am until approximately 1:00 – 1:15 pm. Once the ACT testing starts, students are not to enter or leave. Lunch will not be provided. On this testing date, the Freshman, Sophomore and Senior classes will not have to attend school. Juniors will be dismissed for the day at approximately 1:00 pm.
- FFA State Convention in Lincoln is next Wednesday through Friday. Departure is at 1:00 pm Tuesday.
- There will be a Post Prom meeting Tuesday night at 6:00 p.m. in the Commons. All Junior and Senior parents are encouraged to attend.
- Congratulations to the golf team for placing 1st out of 8 teams yesterday at Stapleton. Three medalists were: Grant Fischer shot a 45 and placed 3rd, Dillion Muirhead placed 4th with a 45, and Ryan O’Kief placed 8th with a 47.