High School Daily Announcements
Thursday, March 28, 2019
March 28, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Hot Pepperoni Sub, Chicken Nuggets w/Dinner Roll, or Fresh Baked Roasted Chicken Sub, Zesty Pasta Salad, Sugar Cookie, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the list in the office window.
- Reminder that if you do intend on going to prom the deadline for all the forms to be signed and turned in to Mrs. Adams is next Friday, April 5th.
- Order forms forT Shirts for the three time state champion Badger wrestling team are in the office for anyone interested. Orders must be placed with the Outback by May 1st.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- Seniors attending the Adulting 102 class today in Kearney and departed at 4:30 a.m.
- If ordering a tuxedo for prom from the Outback please order before next Monday, April 1st.
- The Valentine Middle School has challenged VES and VHS in a contest to see who can raise the most money to help victims of the recent flooding. Today and tomorrow any student and staff may wear a hat after paying a minimum of $1 each day. This is just one small thing we can do to help those in need. Please see Mr. Cronin or Mr. Brown at the beginning of each day to participate.
- On April 2nd the Junior class will be taking their Nebraska State Accountability test. ALL JUNIORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT SCHOOL BY 7:30 AM. The ACT test is a time consuming test and will require testing from 8:00 am until approximately 1:00 – 1:15 pm. Once the ACT testing starts, students are not to enter or leave. Lunch will not be provided. On this testing date, the Freshman, Sophomore and Senior classes will not have to attend school. Juniors will be dismissed for the day at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Boys golf is at Stapleton today for their invite at 10:00 am.
- Tomorrow is an “On to College Day” from 8:00 am till 10:00 am and then the rest of the day we will run on the 10:00 schedule. Reminder to go to your 1st period class at 8:00 for attendance taking and then to your designated group.