High School Daily Announcements
Tuesday, March 12, 2019
March 12, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Super Nachos, French Toast Sticks & Sausage, or Fresh Baked Turkey & Cheese Sub with Sub Bar, Refried Beans, Fresh Baked Cinnamon Stick, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Freshman check with Mrs. Arganbright to see if you owe class dues.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the list in the office window. Underclassmen will not be allowed to go to prom if asked by someone if your name is on the list. The fines list is updated daily and posted in the office window.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Due to an error on the ballot we must re-vote for Prom Candidates. Please re-vote on the new form that has been emailed to you by Wednesday March 13th! Thank you!
- There will be a brief volleyball meeting after school today in the library for grades 9-11.
- There will be a brief wrestling meeting today after school in Mr. Allison’s classroom.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- Quiz bowl will practice tomorrow at 7:15 am.
- Thursday will be a normal schedule class day and we will not have the On To College this Thursday that was planned.
- FFA Hired Hand Auction meeting after school Thursday in the Ag room.
- SWC Art & Music Festival will be at Valentine High School Friday afternoon and Saturday. Classes Friday will run shortened and dismiss at noon. No lunch will be served Friday. The Art show and the concert will be in the gym Saturday at 4:00 pm.
- There will be lots of students in the building Friday so you are encouraged to take anything home that is not locked up in your lockers, and not leave anything in the cubbies that would be of value.
- All students in the TeamMates Mentoring program be sure to check their emails and complete the survey as soon as possible.
- Congratulations to the speech team, which won District Runners Up at Gering yesterday. State qualifiers were district champion Grace Woodraska in entertainment; Calvin Stoeger in entertainment; Calvin and Kaylee Vavra in Duet Acting; Rita Woodraska in serious prose; and Elli Springer in poetry.
- There is a Toshiba computer charger that was left on the bus, also a nice jute Christian bracelet was turned into the office this morning. If either of these is yours, please see the office.