High School Daily Announcements
Tuesday, March 05, 2019
March 5, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Home-style Chicken Chili w/crackers, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey sub w/Sub Bar, Green Beans, Cinnamon Bun, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Freshman check with Mrs. Arganbright to see if you owe class dues.
- Boys State interviews will be today in the boardroom after school.
- A reminder that all fines and dues need to be taken care of before prom invites are distributed. This includes underclassmen that may be asked to prom. The fines list is updated daily. Boys basketball that still have uniforms and jerseys out were added to the list yesterday. Check out the list of fines and dues in the window.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- The library will be open today only from 1:00-4:00.
- The National Guard rep will be here during lunch today.
- There will be a Post Prom meeting today at 6:00 pm in the Commons. All Junior & Senior parents are encouraged to attend. Every student that attends post prom is guaranteed to win at least one prize!
- Sandhills Leadership will be meeting in Mullen Wednesday. Departure is at 7:45 am.
- Quiz Bowl will practice Wednesday at 7:15 am.
- Juniors and Seniors please check your email for ballots to vote on prom related items from Mrs. Wrage. If you did not get an email, please let her know. Votes are due by Wednesday March 6th at Noon!!
- Spring break will be Thursday & Friday, March 7 & 8th. Classes resume Monday, March 11th.
- Daylight Savings time will begin Sunday morning so be sure to set your clocks ahead Saturday night when you go to bed.
- District Speech will be at Gering next Monday, March 11th.
- Congratulations to this week’s Badger Athlete of the week Gage Krolikowski. Coach Allison says Gage had an amazing year on the mat topping off the year with an undefeated state championship. Last week he helped the Badgers win their 3rd consecutive team title by winning his own 3rd consecutive state title! Gage is also very humble and a great example of what sportsmanship is.
- Congratulations to this week’s Badger Scholar of the week Rece Jordan. Mrs. Kilmer says Rece Jordan truly deserves to be the Scholar of the Week. Not only is he kind, hard-working, and respectful, he also is completing 17 hours of dual-credit courses through Mid-Plains Community College this year. These courses include Physics, Calculus, Advanced Biology, and College Composition. This is no small feat, and he is doing very well in each of them. He also recently volunteered to help teach workshops during our Victor E. Days all while working hard on his college admissions process through South Dakota State University. I am so proud of you, Rece!
- The deadline for the national April ACT is this Friday. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through March 25. Register at act.org
- All Southwest Conference Art, Choir, and Band honor students meet at 3:30 today in the choir room for a photo for the newspaper.