High School Daily Announcements
Wednesday, February 13, 2019
February 13, 2019
- Lunch for today is: French Toast Sticks & Sausage, Cheeseburger, or Taco Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Steamed Carrots, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
- A representative from Wayne State College will be here Wednesday at 1:00 pm for those that want to see them that have signed up in the office.
- Girls State applications are due by tomorrow at 4:00 pm.
- All NHS members must pay $10 in dues by Thursday to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner.
- Freshman check with Mrs. Arganbright to see if you owe class dues.
- Other students going to State Wrestling are reminded that you will need to have a parent or guardian call the office or bring a note so we can get your make up work in advance if you will be missing school.
- Student Council will be selling carnations and suckers during lunch the next couple of days. Show your people how much you like them!!
- A reminder that all fines and dues need to be taken care of before prom invites are distributed. This includes underclassmen that may be asked to prom.
- Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov and are due on or before this Friday. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
- SPEECH TEAM: Entries for Ainsworth and itineraries are posted outside Mrs. P's room. Any changes must be given to Mrs. P by 8am today. The Ainsworth speech Invite is at 9 am Saturday. Departure will be at 7 am.
- Wrestlers will be dismissed at 11:00 a.m. today to travel to State Wrestling in Omaha. Teachers will escort their classes to the gym at that time for a brief send off for the Wrestlers. Good Luck at State!
- With the forecast of snow on Friday we will be moving the boys basketball game that was scheduled for Friday to Thursday starting at 5 pm CT. This will be Varsity only as Gordon/Rushville is hosting a sub-district final after our game. The team will dismiss at 2:00 with a departure of 2:15. Make up slips will not be issued this time so between the players and their teachers you need to get your work made up.