VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, December 09, 2020
December 9, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Turkey and Cheese Sub, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Homestyle Turkey and Noodles, Baby Carrots, Tator Tots, Fresh and Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Boys basketball practice today at 3:45 and Girls will practice at 4:30 and share the gym with the boys until 5:30. Wrestling will practice after school
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army through-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Student Council will be ringing the bells on December 10th & 17th at IGA and Bomgaars from 4:30-7:00 both nights. There are a couple open spots for bell ringing on December 10th and December 17th.
- The Student Council will be selling the annual Candy Cane grams Thursday &Friday of this week and Monday & Tuesday of next week. 1 for $1 and 6 for $5. We will distribute all candy cane grams next Wednesday 12/16 during 8th period. Wish your friends and teachers Happy Holidays!
- The list of students who owe teachers work is updated Thursdays and is hanging in the window outside the office by the lockers. Those who don't have homework in will be required to attend school on December 18 from 8:00-11:30. Those who still owe work will then be required to come in on Dec. 21 and 22 during finals.
- Informal Speech practice will be Friday, Dec. 11, and 15th from 3:45-5:00 in Mrs. Cardinal’s room.
- FBLA is sponsoring the March of Dimes fundraiser with cups located in the office window behind each of the Senior baby pictures. Vote on your favorite baby picture by putting money in the containers.
- Sports pictures will be taken for basketball tomorrow at 3:30 and Wrestling pictures Friday at 3:30 pm.
- Food Baskets will be delivered on the morning of Thursday, December 17th. You may bring the non-perishable items in advance, but the items that need to be in the freezer or refrigerator need to be brought the morning of Thursday, December 17th. FFA District Leadership is on that day, so please plan ahead if you are going to be gone that day. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Manning.
- A representative from Northeast Community College will be doing a zoom meeting Thursday at 10:00 am for those interested. The Army Recruiter will also be doing a zoom meeting at 1:00 Thursday. Sign up in the office and Mrs. Kilmer will get you the details on either one.
- JV & Varsity Wrestling will be at Gordon/Rushville Thursday at 6 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:30 pm.
- ACT test will be given this Saturday from 8am until noon in the commons area. If you are registered to take the test please be here at 7:45 a.m. and have 2 pencils, a calculator and your drivers license.
- JV & Varsity Girls and Boys Basketball will be at Cozad Saturday beginning at 4:00pm. Departure will be 11:45 a.m. Girls Varsity and Boys JV will play at 4:00 and Varsity Boys and Girls JV will play at 5:30.