VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, December 08, 2020
December 8, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Combo Sub, Chicken Ranch Pasta Bake w/Dinner Roll, or Cheeseburger, Candied Carrots, Broccoli Florets, Fresh and Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Boys basketball practice to Wednesday at 3:45 and Girls will practice at 6:00. Wrestling practice after school today.
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army through-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Student Council will be ringing the bells on December 10th & 17th at IGA and Bomgaars from 4:30-7:00 both nights. There are a couple open spots for bell ringing on December 10th and December 17th.
- The Student Council will be selling the annual Candy Cane grams Thursday &Friday of this week and Monday & Tuesday of next week. 1 for $1 and 6 for $5. We will distribute all candy cane grams next Wednesday 12/16 during 8th period. Wish your friends and teachers Happy Holidays!
- The list of students who owe teachers work is updated Thursdays and is hanging in the window outside the office by the lockers. Those who don't have homework in will be required to attend school on December 18 from 8:00-11:30. Those who still owe work will then be required to come in on Dec. 21 and 22 during finals.
- Anyone interested in becoming a Certified Nurses Assistant there will be a class at the MPCC campus today at 5:30 PM.
- Informal Speech practice will be today, Dec. 11, and 15th from 3:45-5:00 in Mrs. Cardinal’s room.
- FBLA is sponsoring the March of Dimes fundraiser with cups located in the office window behind each of the Senior baby pictures. Vote on your favorite baby picture by putting money in the containers.
- Sports pictures will be taken for basketball on Thursday at 3:30 and Wrestling pictures Friday at 3:30 pm.
- JV & Varsity Girls and Varsity Boys basketball here vs. Mullen today at 4:30 pm. There is no JV Boys game with Mullen. JV girls game is at 4:30, Varsity Girls at 6 pm and Varsity Boys at 7:30 pm.
- Parents Night for basketball will be today and will be for Senior parents only. The Girls will be done between the girls JV and Varsity Game. The boys will be done right before we announce starters since we are not having both sets of fans in the gym at the same time.
- FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.The food baskets have been dispersed to teachers with the lists of items that need to be brought. This is for your 1st period class. Baskets will be delivered on the morning of Thursday, December 17th. You may bring the non-perishable items in advance, but the items that need to be in the freezer or refrigerator need to be brought the morning of Thursday, December 17th. FFA District Leadership is on that day, so please plan ahead if you are going to be gone that day. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Manning.
- A representative from Northeast Community College will be doing a zoom meeting Thursday at 10:00 am for those interested. The Army Recruiter will also be doing a zoom meeting at 1:00 Thursday. Sign up in the office and Mrs. Kilmer will get you the details on either one.
- JV & Varsity Wrestling will be at Gordon/Rushville Thursday at 6 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:30 pm.