VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
November 17, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Combo Sub, Pork Fritter Sandwich, or Soft Shell Chicken Tacos, Refried Beans, Fresh Broccoli Florets, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One Act play will leave for Gothenburg Invitational at 9:45 am. today. Their performance is at 3 pm and they should arrive home around 7 pm today.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- ACT extended the registration deadline for the December 12 test to this Friday with NO late fees. Register at act.org
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- Students are asked to take down your fall sports locker posters. Those that are still up on the locker next week will be thrown away.
- FBLA and Student Council are teaming up for a school-wide can food drive. Each can of food will get you a raffle ticket for an item from the Badger Den! Every can of food that is on the Very Important List gets you 2 raffle tickets! Food Drive will run till November 20th!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Wrestling practice today after school. Girls basketball will practice at 6 am and 6 pm. Boys basketball will practice at 3:45 pm.
- FBLA Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons today. Badger gear can be purchased with cash or check.
- Seniors will be in the Auditorium working on college and scholarship applications Wednesday during periods 1 & 2. Seniors should report to their period 1 class first for attendance taking and then go there.
- FBLA officer meeting is tomorrow at 7:30 am.
- Mock Trial will practice Thursday at 4:15 in Mrs. Adams’ room 113.
- Congratulations to Fletcher Larsen, our Badger of the Week. Mr. Nollette says Fletcher has done a great job leading our FFA Chapter this fall through some times and situations that have been less than ideal. On top of this he placed in the top 5 at two separate livestock judging contests in the last week!
- Congratulations to Mason Harp, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Pilakowski says Mason Harp is the 2020 champion of the annual Superfight argument tournament in College Composition. Using his strong argumentative skills of reasoning, his Pet Rock defeated Svetlana the Witch in the final round. Mason went well beyond the requirements of this writing and surpassed most of his class with his work ethic. Congratulations and enjoy those bragging rights, Mason!