VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, November 16, 2020
November 16, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Ham & Cheese Sub, Toasted Cheese Sandwich, or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Steamed Broccoli, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One Act play cast and crew will load everything today after school for the Gothenburg Invitational which will be tomorrow. They will run through their lines tomorrow at 7:55 am and then leave for Gothenburg at 9:45 am. Their performance is at 3 pm and they should arrive home around 7 pm tomorrow.
- Reminder that students are not allowed in the building until 7:45AM. Once you enter the building you need to go straight to the classroom unless you are eating breakfast. If you are eating breakfast you need to sit one person per table. No food of any kind in the classrooms. Masks are required in all classrooms regardless of how many students are in the classroom
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- ACT extended the registration deadline for the December 12 test to November 20 with NO late fees. Register at act.org
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- FBLA and Student Council are teaming up for a school-wide can food drive. Each can of food will get you a raffle ticket for an item from the Badger Den! Every can of food that is on the Very Important List gets you 2 raffle tickets! Food Drive will run till November 20th!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Wrestling practice today after school. This week Girls basketball will practice at 6 am and 6 pm. Boys basketball will practice this week at 3:45 pm.
- Classes dismiss at 2:00 pm today and we will follow the shortened period schedule, due to the District In-service.
- FBLA Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons tomorrow. Badger gear can be purchased with cash or check.
- Seniors will be in the Auditorium working on college and scholarship applications Wednesday during periods 1 & 2. Seniors should report to their period 1 class first for attendance taking and then go there.