VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, November 09, 2020
November 9, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Pizza Pasta Bake w/Garlic Breadstick, or Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Corn, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- One Act play practice today at 3:45 pm.
- Students: We are now in the ORANGE on the risk dial. That means there will be some small changes in the school day.
- Students will not be allowed in the building until 7:45AM.
- Once you enter the building you need to go straight to the classroom unless you are eating breakfast.
- If you are eating breakfast you need to sit one person per table.
- No food of any kind in the classrooms.
- Masks are required in all classrooms regardless of how many students are in the classroom.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Freshmen get your class dues money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Juniors need to pay their $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage. Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due today.
- The Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons each Tuesday in Nov. and Dec. through the 15th. Bring cash or check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- FBLA and Student Council are teaming up for a school-wide can food drive. Each can of food will get you a raffle ticket for an item from the Badger Den! Every can of food that is on the Very Important List gets you 2 raffle tickets! Food Drive will run from today till November 20th!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- There are no visitors or TeamMates mentoring allowed in person in school now since we moved to the Orange phase. They will need to check their emails from TeamMates or email Mrs. Thorpe to get set up via the portal for virtual mentoring.
- Student Council will be doing a Leadership summit Tuesday during periods 2-5 at Mid Plains Community College campus. Make up slips will go out today to those involved with this.
- Due to the elevated risk in our community and in following our Return to School protocol, the college visit to Chadron State College and Western Nebraska Community College scheduled for November 12 has been cancelled. Seniors who had signed up for this visit will be given 1 additional excused day to visit a college of their choosing. We plan to reschedule the trip during the spring for the juniors who had signed up for this visit.
- FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- Veterans Day program will be video taped in advance and shown in classrooms at 10:30 am Wednesday.