VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, November 06, 2020
November 6, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Pepperoni Pizza, or Honey Garlic Glazed Chicken over Rice, Mixed Vegetables, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- One Act play practice today at 3:45 pm.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship just announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Freshmen get your class dues money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Juniors need to pay their $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage. Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due today.
- The Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons each Tuesday in Nov. and Dec. through the 15th. Bring cash or check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- The deadline for the Dec. 12th ACT is today. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through Nov. 20th. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Student Council members please check your email about attending the NCA Leadership Virtual Conference!
- FBLA and Student Council are teaming up for a school-wide can food drive. Each can of food will get you a raffle ticket for an item from the Badger Den! Every can of food that is on the Very Important List gets you 2 raffle tickets! Food Drive will run from Monday, November 9th-Friday November 20th!
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- There are no visitors or TeamMates mentoring allowed in person in school now since we moved to the Orange phase. They will need to check their emails from TeamMates or email Mrs. Thorpe to get set up via the portal for virtual mentoring.
- Student Council will be doing a Leadership summit Tuesday during periods 2-5 at Mid Plains Community College campus. Make up slips will go out today to those involved with this.