VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, October 30, 2020
October 30, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Toasted Sandwich Breakfast Sandwich, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- One Act Play practice today is at 3:45 pm. Practice Monday is at 7:00 am.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - your shirts have been ordered. Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, are ranked in the top 20% of the class, and who have an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Freshmen get your class dues money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Juniors need to pay their $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage. Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible
- Student Council members need to pay your $20.00 dues to Taylor Battershaw before next Monday, Nov. 2nd or you will be added to the fines list. Let Mrs. Arganbright know if you do not want to be on Student Council.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due by November 6th.
- Staff or students that would like to be a part of the ‘Thank a Veteran’ video project let Mrs. Arganbright know or stop in the library after school, beginning today through Wednesday to record your short message! -
- The deadline for the December 12 ACT is next Friday, November 6. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through November 20. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Time change is tomorrow night so before you go to bed on Halloween night set your clocks back one hour.
- Girls Basketball will be having a team meeting Thursday Nov. 5th @ 7:00 AM in Mr. Jensen's room.
- Mock Trial will meet next Thursday Nov. 5th at 4:15 pm in Mrs. Adams room.
- The Badger Den Grand Opening is Tuesday over the lunch period in the Commons, and will be open over lunch each Tuesday in Nov. and Dec. through the 15th. Bring cash or check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- The college visit to Northeast Community College & Wayne State is Tuesday, November 3. Students need to be here by 6:45 am because the bus will leave the parking lot at 7. Breakfast and lunch will be provided, and masks are required for the entire trip. Girls will sit at the front of the bus and boys at the back. They should be back around 7:15 pm.
- Classes Monday will run on a 2:00 dismissal schedule for an In-service.
- Students: The teachers are working on a list of students, which is posted in the office window, who have late work. Any student who is on that list is going to be required to stay after school Monday from 2:00-3:00 in the commons area. You are required to stay and your teachers will be here to help. No exceptions. Check the window facing the locker area.
- There will be a FFA meeting Monday at 2:00 pm.
- There will be a meeting Tuesday after school in Mr. Allison's room #105 for all those interested in going out for wrestling this year.
- Anyone interested in being a scary person for the Haunted House at the fairgrounds Friday and/or Saturday can call Bodell Bachelor at 322-9943 for details.