VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, October 28, 2020
October 28, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Turkey & Cheese Sub, Italian Dunkers w/Marinara Dipping Sauce, or Cheeseburger, Baked Beans & Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- One Act Play practice this week is at 3:45 pm.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - your shirts have been ordered. Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, are ranked in the top 20% of the class, and who have an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for others.--
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- A list of freshmen that have been placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim.
- Juniors that have not paid your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage have been put on the fines list also.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due by November 6th.
- Student Council members need to pay your $20.00 dues to Taylor Battershaw before next Monday, Nov. 2nd or you will be added to the fines list. Let Mrs. Arganbright know if you do not want to be on Student Council.
- FFA officer retreat will be all day today.
- Volleyball players can turn in their uniforms today after school in Ms. Sherbeyn’s room.
- There is a brief Student Council meeting Thursday after school in the Commons Area! All members please try to attend!
- There will be a Mock Trial meeting at 7:15 am Thursday in Mrs. Adams room.
- Football check in is tomorrow after school, along with voting for team awards. Everything is washed.
- The deadline for the December 12 ACT is November 6. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through November 20. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Time change is Saturday night so before you go to bed on Halloween night set your clocks back one hour.
- Girls Basketball will be having a team meeting on Thursday Nov. 5th @ 7:00 AM in Mr. Jensen's room.
- The Badger Den Grand Opening will be Tuesday November 3rd over the lunch period in the Commons, They will be open over lunch each Tuesday in November and December through the 15th. Bring your cash or a check and treat yourself to some new Badger gear!
- Congratulations to Hadley Rodgers, our Badger of the Week. Mrs. Kilmer says Hadley truly deserves to be Badger of the Week. Hadley started the one-act season with a stellar performance at tryouts to earn an important role in the school play. Her commitment to the group continues through her efforts at practice. She gives each practice her all and shows her outstanding leadership by encouraging others to improve their performances as well. She offers suggestions and motivation all while setting an example on stage. I am also very impressed with her efforts off stage. She has completed her college applications and is now working hard on scholarships. Hadley, you are awesome, and I am so proud of you!
- Congratulations to Elli Springer, our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mr. Cronin says Elli has been a standout in her career as a music student. She has played multiple instruments to help the band out where needed and in choir she was recently selected as a member of the Nebraska All-State Choir for the 3rd year in a row. This is an amazing honor and very difficult to attain. Her hard work and dedication to music has been a joy to watch.