VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, October 23, 2020
October 23, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Honey Glazed Chicken on a Biscuit, Stir Fry Vegetable Medley, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- One Act Play practice Monday is at 3:45 pm.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - your shirts have been ordered. Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, are ranked in the top 20% of the class, and who have an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for others.--
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim.
- Juniors that have not paid your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage are listed in the office window and will also be put on the fines list soon.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due by November 6th.
- Attention student council members. Taylor Battershaw will be collecting dues of $20 until November 2nd if you do not pay you will be added to the fines list. If you no longer want to be a member of student council please let her know and we will remove you.
- Cross Country need to turn in their uniforms and warm ups to Mr. Jensen by today.
- Southwest Conference Varsity Volleyball is at McCook today at 2:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 8:45 am.
- Varsity Football at North Platte St. Pats today at 7:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm.
- ACT test will be given to those that have registered to take it Saturday from 8:00 am till noon in the Commons. Bring your admission ticket, 2 pencils, a calculator, a photo ID, and be here by 7:50 am.
- Varsity Volleyball will play their first round of sub-district volleyball in Broken Bow on Monday at 5 pm vs Ainsworth. They will dismiss at 1:30 and depart at 1:45. All players going to sub-district volleyball have to have their list of 5 attendees to Coach Sherbeyn by 8 am on Monday morning. They are only allowing 5 spectators per player.
- There will be a brief Student Council meeting next Thursday after school in the Commons Area! All members please try to attend!
- The deadline for the December 12 ACT is November 6. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through November 20. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- There will be a Mock Trial meeting at 7:15 am next Thursday in Mrs. Adams room.