VHS Daily Announcements
Thursday, October 22, 2020
October 22, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Loaded Hash Brown Casserole, or Chicken Nuggets w/Dinner Roll, Broccoli Florets, Corn, Carnival Cookie, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 am.
- Brief Mock Trial meeting after school in Mrs. Adam’s room today. This will take less than 5 minutes.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - your shirts have been ordered. Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, are ranked in the top 20% of the class, and who have an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for others.--
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim.
- Juniors that have not paid your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage are now on the fines list.
- Choir class will be in the auditorium today.
- Representative from Southeast Community College is here today at 8:30 am.
- Please pay your $15.00 Interact dues to Fletcher or Michaela as soon as possible
- The Fall Music concert will be tonight at 7:00 pm in the Auditorium. Everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Community wide NCDHD Flu shot clinic will be held at the Methodist Church parking lot today 2-6 pm.
- Senior baby pictures for the yearbook need to be taken to Mrs. Cardinal or Michaela Keller. They will be scanned and returned to you and are due by November 6th.
- Attention student council members. Taylor Battershaw will be collecting dues of $20 until November 2nd if you do not pay you will be added to the fines list. If you no longer want to be a member of student council please let her know and we will remove you.
- Pre-ACT test will be administered to all Sophomores today at MPCC. Students will go via bus to Mid Plains and should plan on bringing two pencils and a calculator. No make up slips will be issued. Students will eat 3rd shift lunch when they return.
- Cross Country need to turn in their uniforms and warm ups to Mr. Jensen by Friday.
- Southwest Conference Varsity Volleyball is at McCook Friday at 2:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 8:45 am.
- Varsity Football at North Platte St. Pats Friday at 7:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm.
- ACT test will be given to those that have registered to take it Saturday from 8:00 am till noon in the Commons. Bring your admission ticket, 2 pencils, a calculator, a photo ID, and be here by 7:50 am.