VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, October 19, 2020
October 19, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Toasted Cheese Sandwich, or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, Mixed Vegetables, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Classes today will be running on the shortened schedule and will dismiss at 2:00 pm due to a District In-service. We will eat during period 6 today.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- One Act Play practice this week is at 7:00 am.
- One-Act Cast & Crew - your shirts have been ordered. Please turn your money in to Mrs. Kilmer. Checks should be written out to Outback, or bring exact change. They will be $9.25 Small-XL, $12.25-2X, $13.25-3X.
- Pictures from Adamson’s Studio are in our office and may be picked up in between classes, during your lunch shift, or after school.
- Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, are ranked in the top 20% of the class, and who have an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for others.--
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. As many of you know, some courses (like Psychology) are very popular and fill up quickly. Registration are open, and Mrs. Kilmer will not be surprised if some classes fill up within the week. Also, if you have taken Psychology and enjoyed it, the same professor offers an Abnormal Psychology class as well. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim.
- Reminder to Juniors to pay your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage or be placed on the fines list.
- Reserve Volleyball at Ainsworth today at 4:30 pm. Team will depart at 2:45 pm.
- Financial Aid Night via zoom is tonight at 6:30 pm.
- JV/Varsity Volleyball at Broken Bow tomorrow at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 12:45 pm. Remember to turn in your signed make up slips before you go.
- The representative from National Guard is here during the lunch period tomorrow.
- Choir class will be in the auditorium today.
- Congratulations to Ellie Springer for making the All State Choir. Way to go Ellie!
- FAFSA completion day is tomorrow by appointment only from 8 am till 4:00 pm.
- Representatives from the following colleges will be here this week: UNK Tuesday at 1:00 pm, Western Nebraska Community College Wednesday at 12:15 pm, Southeast Community College Thursday at 8:30 am. Sign up in the office if you want to visit with any of these.
- Valentine Livestock Judging Clinic will be at the Valentine Sale Barn Wednesday. Make up slips will go out today for those participating in it.
- Congratulations to Calvin Stoeger for being selected as Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Arganbright says Calvin has done a tremendous job as part of the Badger Cast. He volunteered to help live stream the volleyball games, created multiple ads and videos for the class. His creativity is a big asset to the class and he always comes to class prepared and helps keep the class on task and moving forward. Thank you for joining our team.
- Congratulations to Kyler Stanley for being selected as the Badger of the Week: Mrs. Manning says Kyler has gone above and beyond for FBLA this school year, so far! Kyler was a huge asset during our Krispy Kreme fundraiser and worked the entire event helping FBLA to sell out in just three hours. FBLA is starting a store and Kyler has volunteered to be involved as part of our Board of Directors and Buying Team for the store. Kyler brings great ideas to the group and has been a part of every step of the store, up to this point!