VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, October 16, 2020
October 16, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Taco Burger, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Choir will meet in the Auditorium today.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk this Saturday at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- One Act Play practice Monday is at 7:00 am.
- Pictures from Adamson’s Studio are in our office and may be picked up in between classes, during your lunch shift, or after school.
- Seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free until this Sunday. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. As many of you know, some courses (like Psychology) are very popular and fill up quickly. Registration are open, and Mrs. Kilmer will not be surprised if some classes fill up within the week. Also, if you have taken Psychology and enjoyed it, the same professor offers an Abnormal Psychology class as well. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Attention current and future Speech students. Speech team will have Concession stand tonight for the Football game. Sign up sheet is on the Speech bulletin board in the Commons Area.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim.
- Reminder to Juniors to pay your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage or be placed on the fines list.
- Varsity Football here vs. Gordon/Rushville Friday at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Volleyball here for the Invite Saturday begins at 10:30 am. Please join us in our support of Breast Cancer Awareness month at our 2020 Pink Out during this year’s Valentine Invitational. Our theme is “All Cancer Matters” and we invite all players, coaches and fans to wear pink in honor of those who have courageously battled cancer. We will be raffling off awesome themed baskets put together by our Badger Volleyball Team and all money raised will go to the Sandhills Cancer Fund. There will be a free “Kid’s Raffle” for an autographed volleyball and a free raffle to crown “Queen Pink”! The raffle will be held during the fourth round of the tournament. You need not be present to win.
- Reserve Volleyball at Ainsworth Monday at 4:30 pm. Team will depart at 2:45 pm.
- Monday’s classes will run on the shortened periods with a 2:00 dismissal due to a District In-service.
- Financial Aid Night via zoom is Monday at 6:30 pm.
- JV/Varsity Volleyball at Broken Bow Tuesday at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 12:45 pm.