VHS Daily Announcements
Thursday, October 15, 2020
October 15, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Popcorn Chicken Bites, or BBQ Rib Sandwich, Broccoli Florets, Baked Beans, Cinnamon Bun, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Choir will meet in the Auditorium today.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk this Saturday at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- One Act Play practice today at 7:00 pm. Friday’s practice is at 7:00 am.
- Pictures from Adamson’s Studio are in our office and may be picked up in between classes, during your lunch shift, or after school.
- From now till Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. As many of you know, some courses (like Psychology) are very popular and fill up quickly. Registration are open, and Mrs. Kilmer will not be surprised if some classes fill up within the week. Also, if you have taken Psychology and enjoyed it, the same professor offers an Abnormal Psychology class as well. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Attention current and future Speech students. Speech team will have Concession stand this Friday for the Football game. Sign up sheet is on the Speech bulletin board in the Commons Area.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs Swim.
- Reminder to Juniors to pay your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage or be placed on the fines list.
- Varsity Football here vs. Gordon/Rushville Friday at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Volleyball here for the Invite Saturday begins at 10:30 am.
- District XC today at 4:00 pm at Ogallala. Team eats 1st shift and departs at 11:45 am.