VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, October 14, 2020
October 14, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Turkey & Cheese Sub, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Chicken & Noodles w/Dinner Roll, Baby Carrots, Tator Tots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year are available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk this Saturday at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. tomorrow in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so attendance is required.
- One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 pm. Friday’s practice is at 7:00 am.
- Congratulations to the Girls Golf team for placing 7th as a team at State yesterday.
- There will be an Interact meeting at Mid Plains Community College tonight at 8:00 pm.
- Pictures from Adamson’s Studio are in our office and may be picked up in between classes, during your lunch shift, or after school.
- Thanks to all for naming the FBLA Badger Store...the winning name is The Badger Den! We are planning our grand opening for November 2020!
- Representatives from the following schools will be here today: Eastern Wyoming at 11:00 am and Nebraska Wesleyan at 1:30 pm. Sign up in the office if you want to see any of them.
- From now till Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. As many of you know, some courses (like Psychology) are very popular and fill up quickly. Registration opens today, and Mrs. Kilmer will not be surprised if some classes fill up within the week. Also, if you have taken Psychology and enjoyed it, the same professor offers an Abnormal Psychology class as well. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- Attention current and future Speech students. Speech team will have Concession stand Friday, October 16 for the Football game. Sign up sheet is on the Speech bulletin board in the Commons Area.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs Swim.
- Reminder to Juniors to pay your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage or be placed on the fines list.
- Sophomores, Please come and see Taylor or Mrs. Cardinal during 3rd or 4th periods, 3rd lunch shift, 6th period, or after school today to pick up your fundraising clothing items. When you come to check in, you will need to double check your order form and clothing items before leaving the room.
- Varsity Football here vs. Gordon/Rushville Friday at 7:00 pm.
- Varsity Volleyball here for the Invite Saturday begins at 10:30 am.