VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, October 13, 2020
October 13, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Ranch Pasta Bake w/Dinner Roll, or Cheeseburger, Baby Carrots, Tator Tots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Congratulations to Ryan O’Kief, our Badger Athlete of the Week: Coach Beebout says Ryan threw for 253 yards and 4 TDs vs Hershey. He completed 10/13 passes for a 25 yard average per completion. Ryan has continued to improve every week in practice on both defense and offense.
- Congratulations to Ryan O’Kief for also being selected for this week’s Badger Scholar of the Week. Mr. Cronin says Ryan is an excellent student who has a very challenging schedule including dual-credit plant science, college composition, calculus as well as advanced chemistry and an independent college class. While doing this he maintains all A's. This is how you prepare for college your senior year. Good job Ryan.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year have arrived and may be picked up in the office on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk this Saturday at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. on Thursday in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so your attendance is required.
- From now till Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- Juniors and seniors who are planning on completing an Independent Study for next semester should plan ahead and choose your courses now. As many of you know, some courses (like Psychology) are very popular and fill up quickly. Registration opens today, and Mrs. Kilmer will not be surprised if some classes fill up within the week. Also, if you have taken Psychology and enjoyed it, the same professor offers an Abnormal Psychology class as well. See Mrs. Kilmer with any questions you have.
- A reminder to students that the Activity make up slips need to be returned to the office or to your coach or sponsor any time you get one to go on a school activity.
- Also a reminder that students are not allowed to go home to get something they have forgotten on a game day, so please come prepared in the mornings.
- State Girls Golf is at Columbus today.
- One Act Play practice tomorrow at 7:00 am.
- Departure for the College Visit to NCTA & MPCC was at 7:00 am today and they should be back around 5:45 pm.
- FBLA officer meeting Wednesday at 7:30 am.
- There will be an Interact meeting at Mid Plains Community College Wednesday at 8:00 pm.
- Representatives from the following schools will be here Wednesday: Mid Plains at 10:00 am, from Eastern Wyoming at 11:00 am and Nebraska Wesleyan at 1:30 pm. Sign up in the office if you want to see any of them.
- Attention current and future Speech students. Speech team will have Concession stand Friday, October 16 for the Football game. Sign up sheet is on the Speech bulletin board in the Commons Area.
- A list of freshmen that are being placed on the fines list is posted in the office window so check that list over and get your money to Mrs. Manning or Mrs Swim.
- Reminder to Juniors to pay your $15.00 dues to Mrs. Adams or Mrs. Wrage or you will be placed on the fines list.
- Sophomores, Please come and see Taylor or Mrs. Cardinal during 3rd or 4th periods, 3rd lunch shift, 6th period, or after school today to pick up your fundraising clothing items. When you come to check in, you will need to double check your order form and clothing items before leaving the room.