VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, October 06, 2020
October 6, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Hot Pepperoni Sub, or Chicken Nuggets & Dinner Roll, Steamed Carrots, Scalloped Potatoes, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- Homecoming Spirit days are this week. Today: is Patriotic Day (wear your best Red, White, & Blue)Wednesday: Let's Go to the Beach, Thursday: The '80s Rock and Friday: Badger Spirit. The parade will be held Friday at 2:30 PM. Classes Friday will run on a shortened 2:00 dismissal schedule. Crowning of the King & Queen will take place during halftime of the football game on Friday. The dance will follow in the Multipurpose room $5 for singles and $8 for a couple. Masks will be required for all Homecoming activities.
- Those that dress up for the Homecoming Spirit days are asked to meet in the Commons at 7:50 am each day this week for a group picture for the yearbook.
- Yearbooks for the 2019-2020 year have arrived and may be picked up in the office if you ordered one. If you did not order one in advance we have a few available on a first come basis for $55.00.
- Congratulations to the Girls Golf team for placing 2nd at Districts yesterday and will be going to State Golf at Columbus next Monday and Tuesday.
- Join the Cherry Co Hospital Therapy Department as they host a 5K race called Trick-or-Trot; and a Scary Scurry 1 mile fun run/walk on October 17th at 10:00 am. on the Cowboy Trail on Main Street. Cost is $15.00. Those 16 & under are welcome to participate free but must be accompanied by a registered adult. Dress in your favorite Halloween costume as a “best costume” prize will also be awarded. See Mr. Jensen for a form and more details.
- Any student interested in being a member of the one-act crew must attend a mandatory meeting at 7 a.m. on Thursday, October 15 in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Duties will be determined at this meeting, so your attendance is required.
- JV & Varsity Tri Invite at Gothenburg today at 4:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 11:45 am
- ACT test for Seniors that were unable to take the test Sept. 22nd is today at Mid Plains Community College.
- FBLA officer meeting will be tomorrow at 7:30 am.
- From Oct. 1 to Oct. 18, seniors can apply to UNL, UNO, UNK, & NCTA for free. The $45 application fee will be waived for all resident first-time freshmen who wish to apply for the Fall 2021 term. To apply to these colleges for free, you should enter NUforNE in the Application Fee Waiver Code field at the end of the application.
- One Act play practice tomorrow at 7:00 am.
- SWC Middle & High School Cross Country at Gothenburg Thursday at 4:00 pm. High School XC team will eat 1st shift and dismiss at 11:30 am to eat and load the bus at 11:45 am.
- Reserve, JV, & Varsity Volleyball at Gordon/Rushville Thursday at 5:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15
- Congratulations to MaKenzie Long for being chosen as the Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Gass says MaKenzie’s leadership and dedication to her team, to herself and to her goals continue to amaze me. Her smile and that spark in her eye tells it all. MaKenzie posted a personal best time at the West Holt Cross Country meet. Her time, 22:57.10, moved her up two positions on the 5,000 meter record board. MaKenzie’s goal at the end of her Freshman year was to improve her time and move up the record board. As a Junior she did this. Keep moving to the top, MaKenzie. You are my recommendation for Badger of the Week.
- Congratulations to Gunnar Battershaw for being selected as the Badger Scholar of the Week. Mr. Jensen says Gunnar is a prime example of a star student. He is respectful, attentive, and asks great questions. He always does his best work and tries his hardest. Gunnar recently demonstrated his knowledge of the Industrial Revolution in American History by building a functioning model of a steam engine. His projects he has done are always done so well that they become examples for future classes. I am truly impressed by Gunnar's work ethic and the work he has done so far in my classes. Keep up the great work Gunnar!