VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, September 09, 2020
September 9, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Spaghetti w/Garlic Breadstick, or Mini Corn Dogs, Baby Carrots, Peas, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Tryouts for this year's one act play will be held Tuesday, September 15th right after school and Wednesday, September 16th at 7 a.m. in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Athletes should plan accordingly in order to not miss your sports practices.
- Attention Student Council Members. If you are currently a member of Student Council but do not want to be please let Mrs. Arganbright know. You can find a list of current members posted outside Mrs. Arganbright's room.
- Freshmen, be sure to check your email from Mrs. Manning about your class fundraiser. You should have received a paper order form from your Physical Science class yesterday. If you have any questions or will not be in class, please see Mrs. Manning or Mrs. Swim. Our fundraiser will run through next Wednesday, September 16th.
- Any NHS member interested in signing up to run as an officer, the sign-up sheet is outside of Mrs. Stoner's door. You have until 4 PM today to sign up.
- There will be an Interact meeting tonight at 8:00 pm at Mid Plains Community College for all members and for those that are interested in joining Interact.
- Reserve Volleyball at Cody Thursday at 6:00 pm. Team departs at 4:15 pm.
- Individual school pictures will be taken Friday morning during period 1 class for Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors. Picture packets should have been given to you today during your period 1 class. Please take them home tonight to have your parents fill them out and bring them back to school Friday morning. Someone will come around to your classroom to get you when it is time for you to have your picture taken and you will take the packet with you at that time to give to Mrs. Adamson. Seniors and staff will need to report to the auditorium Friday morning between 7:30-8:00 for a quick picture for our files. This is also the picture that will be used if you receive a nomination for Badger or Scholar of the week during the course of this year. If you need an extra packet for a second parent, stop in the office to pick one up.
- Varsity Football at Chadron Friday at 8:00 pm. team will depart at 3:45 pm.
- Cross Country will be at Broken Bow Saturday at 10:00 am. Departure at 7:00 am
- Varsity Volleyball at Cozad Saturday at 12:30 pm. Departure at 8:00 am
- ACT test will be given Saturday at 8:00 am till noon in the Commons. Those registered to take the test need to bring your admission ticket, 2 pencils, a calculator, photo ID and to be here by 7:50 am.
- Congratulations to Tagg Buechle for being selected to receive a $1300 grant from the Nebraska FFA Foundation to support his FFA Supervised Agricultural Experience Program.