VHS Daily Announcements
Wednesday, September 02, 2020
September 2, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Sub, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, BBQ Baked Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh & Canned Fruit, & Milk. Reminder that you need to stay in a single file line and that you are not to move chairs around as only 4 are to sit at the long tables.
- A list of those that still need to turn in their gold colored student information sheet or the green handbook receipt is posted in the office window.
- The deadline for the October 24 ACT is September 17. Late registrations are accepted for an additional fee through September 25. Register at act.org - see Mrs. Kilmer if you need assistance.
- Attention freshmen-juniors. DO NOT PARK in a painted spot. Those are reserved for the seniors that paid for them. Please find the fine list in the office window if you so choose to park in the painted parking spot.
- Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors will not need to be in school September 22nd as that is the date set for the Seniors to take the ACT here at the high school from 8:00 till noon. September 23rd is a District wide in-service so there is not school that day for students.
- We've been getting some questions about homecoming festivities lately. We plan on having all homecoming activities as of now. However, only current Valentine High School students grades 9-12 will be allowed to the dance. More information will be given as we approach homecoming week. Thank you for your understanding.
- Varsity Girls Golf Invite Thursday @ Atkinson/Stuart 9:00 am – Depart 6:30 am
- Middle & High School XC @ 4:00 pm Thursday at Ainsworth – Team dismisses 1:40 pm
- Reserve, JV & Varsity Volleyball Thursday here at 4:30 pm vs Winner.
- Varsity Football at O’Neill Friday at 7:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:30 pm.
- If you received a bill from Mid Plains for your Dual Credit class, just dis-regard this bill as Mid Plains was suppose to bill the school instead of the families.
- Attention Seniors: Seniors: Your cap and gown orders are due to Mrs P by Friday.
- Sophomores that did not get a fund raising packet need to please swing by Mrs. Cardinal’s room to get your fundraising packets ASAP?!
- There will be a short informational meeting before school on Wednesday morning (September 9) in Mrs. Pilakowski’s room at 7:30 am.for all students (cast and crew) who are interested in participating in one-act.
- Tryouts for this year's one act play will be held Tuesday, September 15th right after school and Wednesday, September 16th at 7 a.m. in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Athletes should plan accordingly in order to not miss your sports practices.
- All sports passes are available from Mr. Brown for $35.00 students and $70.00 adults. Family passes are $175.00. Admission to games is $5.00 students and $6.00 adults. Please remember to have your pass with you when attending games or be prepared to pay.