March 4, 2020
1. Lunch for today is: Chicken & Noodles w/Dinner Roll, Country Fried Steak w/Roll, or Chef Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. An updated fines list is posted in the office window so check it frequently to make sure you have taken care of your obligations. Anyone with a fine or dues listed will not receive a prom invitation. Underclassmen will also not be able to attend as a date if they owe any fines or dues.
3. Interviews for Boys State and also for Junior Law Cadet will be after school Thursday.
4. There will be a mandatory parent/student meeting on Thursday, March 19th, at 6 pm in the commons for ALL students who are attending state FBLA.
5. Any student interested in being a member of the 20-21 Flag Corp are invited to attend an organizational and practice meeting Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Commons. The Flag Corp will be having auditions on April 17th to fill 3 spots and 1 alternate. You are required to participate in Band to be a member. Practice schedules can be picked up in the office.
6. Victor E Days is today. Freshmen & Juniors eat lunch 12:00-12:30 pm. Sophomores & Seniors eat lunch 12:30-1:00 pm. A reminder to students to dress appropriate for the classes you are signed up to take the next two days.
7. There will be a Post Prom meeting Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Commons.
8. Wrestling check in and ice cream social will be Thursday right after school in the Multi purpose room.
9. Quiz Bowl practice after school Thursday in Mrs. Adams’ room.
10. The Stats class is doing a survey of students and staff and you should have a link emailed to you. Freshmen and Sophomores yours was emailed to you Monday from Mrs. Kilmer as a reply on the course description booklet. Juniors and Seniors yours was emailed to you from Mrs. O’Keefe in the office. If you did not do the survey yet, please complete it today as soon as you can.
11. Congratulations to Michael Caley for being our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Manning says Michael scored a perfect score on his Chapter 7 Careers test! He is always eager to add to every class conversation. He never passes me in the hallways without saying hello. I really enjoy having Michael in class this semester!
12. Congratulations to Logan Cate, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Larsen says Logan showed great toughness all year, we were particularly excited about how aggressive and coachable he is. He was a great asset to the younger kids as an example of what it means to do what is best for the team.
13. There will be an FFA meeting Thursday at 5:30 pm. location to be determined and there will be Pizza.
14. Cherry County Department of Roads is looking for summer help. Must be 18 to apply. Call 376-2420 for more information and ask for Terry.
15. The Roundball Committee would like to thank the boys and girls basketball teams and any other students who stepped in to help this weekend. The tournament wouldn't be successful without you.
16. Juniors and Seniors please check your email for prom ballots from Mrs. Wrage. If you did not get any please let her know. Voting will close Friday March 6th at 3:30PM.
17. Congratulations to the State Proficiency Finalists! They are top 3 in the State and will interview in Lincoln on April 2nd! Delaney Robison in Agricultural Communications, KayLynn Miller in Outdoor Recreation, and Fletcher Larsen in Beef Entrepreneurship.
18. The Cherry Co Dept of Roads is looking for summer help. Call Terry Reece at 376-2420 if interested.