March 3, 2020
- Lunch for today is Home-style Chicken Chili w/crackers, Corn Dog, or Fresh Baked Ham & Turkey Sub, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Maple Cornbread, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. An updated fines list is posted in the office window so check it frequently to make sure you have taken care of your obligations. Anyone with a fine or dues listed will not receive a prom invitation. Underclassmen will also not be able to attend as a date if they owe any fines or dues.
3. Junior boys & girls interested in participating in the Junior Law Cadet program need to pick up an application to be completed and back to the office today. Interviews for Junior Law Cadet will be after school Thursday.
4. Junior boys interested in attending Boys State need to pick up an application from the office and return it by today. Interviews for Boys State will be after school Thursday.
5. There will be a mandatory parent/student meeting on Thursday, March 19th, at 6 pm in the commons for ALL students who are attending state FBLA.
6. Any student interested in being a member of the 20-21 Flag Corp are invited to attend an organizational and practice meeting Thursday at 7:00 pm in the Commons. The Flag Corp will be having auditions on April 17th to fill 3 spots and 1 alternate. You are required to participate in Band to be a member. Practice schedules can be picked up in the office.
7. FBLA meeting from 3:35-5:00 pm today. FBLA officer meeting will be Wednesday at 7:30 am.
8. Victor E Days is today & tomorrow. Freshmen & Juniors eat lunch 12:00-12:30 pm. Sophomores & Seniors eat lunch 12:30-1:00 pm. A reminder to students to dress appropriate for the classes you are signed up to take the next two days. Remember if you are taking one of the self defense classes or the Yoga class to wear something form fitting for the class and if you are doing the climbing class to also wear appropriate clothing and shoes. Those in Mr. Jensen's disc golf need to wear tennis shoes, pants, and bring a hoodie just in case. We will be outside for a couple of hours. If you have discs, please bring them.
9. Boys D2-5 District Finals will be played here tonight at 7:00 pm. St. Mary’s vs. Hyannis.
10. Quiz Bowl is at Gothenburg today at 1:00 pm, departing at 9:00 am. Quiz Bowl will practice Thursday after school in Mrs. Adams’ room.
11. There will be a Post Prom meeting Thursday at 6:00 pm in the Commons.
12. Wrestling check in and ice cream social will be Thursday right after school in the Multi purpose room.
13. The Stats class is doing a survey of students and staff and you should have a link emailed to you. Freshmen and Sophomores yours was emailed to you yesterday from Mrs. Kilmer as a reply on the course description booklet. Juniors and Seniors yours was emailed to you from Mrs. O’Keefe in the office. If you did not do the survey yesterday, please complete it today as soon as you can.
14. Congratulations to Michael Caley for being our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mrs. Cardinal says Michael scored a perfect score on his Chapter 7 Careers test! He is always eager to add to every class conversation. He never passes me in the hallways without saying hello. I really enjoy having Michael in class this semester!
15. Congratulations to Logan Cate, our Badger Athlete of the Week. Coach Larsen says Logan showed great toughness all year, we were particularly excited about how aggressive and coachable he is. He was a great asset to the younger kids as an example of what it means to do what is best for the team.
16. There will be an FFA meeting Thursday at 5:30 pm. location to be determined and there will be Pizza.
17. The Roundball Committee would like to thank the boys and girls basketball teams and any other students who stepped in to help this weekend. The tournament wouldn't be successful without you.
18. Juniors and Seniors please check your email for prom ballots from Mrs. Wrage. If you did not get any please let her know. Voting will close Friday March 6th at 3:30PM.
19. Congratulations to the State Proficiency Finalists! They are top 3 in the State and will interview in Lincoln on April 2nd! Delaney Robison in Agricultural Communications, KayLynn Miller in Outdoor Recreation, and Fletcher Larsen in Beef Entrepreneurship.