January 27, 2020
- Lunch for today is Home-style Scalloped Potatoes & Ham W/Dinner roll, Cheeseburger, or Fajita Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Green Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
3. Seniors-you have until Friday to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
4. Quiz Bowl sign up is in Mrs. Adams room.
5. There will be a brief Jr. class officer and Jr. class student council meeting after school today in Mrs. Adams room.
6. Seniors need to watch for an email from Mrs. Stoner regarding Senior Prophecies.
7. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due Thursday.
8. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
9. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
10. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
11. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
12. Southwest Conference Basketball will begin today. Girls basketball will play at Ainsworth at 6:45 pm and depart at 4:45 pm. Boys will play at McCook at 5:00 pm. Boys will eat 2nd shift and depart at 12:45 today.
13. UNK Honor Band & Choral Clinic will be today at the UNK Fine Arts Building. Students participating will rehearse all day and have concerts that evening. Festival band at 4:45, Honor Band at 6:10, Women’s Choir at 7:15 and Festival Choir at 7:40 pm.
14. FBLA Prep tomorrow 7:15-7:55 am and FBLA meeting after school tomorrow.
15. A representative from Mitchell Tech will be here tomorrow at 1:15 pm and the rep from Western Nebraska Community College will be here Wednesday at 8:30 am. Sign up in the office if you want to see either one.
16. ACT test prep will be Wednesday from 8-10 am and then classes will run on the 10:00 schedule.
17. FFA State Degree Interviews & Proficiency Judging will be at MPCC Wednesday.
18. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.