January 17, 2020
- Lunch for today is Cuban Hot Dog, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Strawberry Banana Yogurt Parfait w/Graham Crackers, Steamed Broccoli Florets, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
3. Juniors are reminded to pay $15 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
4. Seniors-you have until January 31st to get your senior picture and baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or you will be left out of the yearbook. The original deadline was the end of November!
5. All NHS members must pay $10 in dues to Jenna Cox by February 13th.
6. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets may be purchased at Janine's, Sandhills State Bank, and Young's. Any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. Candidates wanting to rent a tux need to get to Outback or Youngs to order one.
7. Seniors, please take some time to complete the Most for VHS application. You should have a link in your email. If you did not receive one let Mrs. Arganbright know. Applications are due January 30th.
8. If you are interested in being on the Badger Cast team please find an application outside of Mrs. Arganbright's room. Applications are due Friday, January 24th.
9. There is a ton of germs going around between the flu, influenza A and influenza B, so we cannot stress enough NOT to share a drink with anyone, even if you think they are healthy, and to wash your hands frequently!
10. TeamMates Mentors will be recognized at the High School basketball game tonight.
11. Students, don't forget to submit your Winter Wonderland photo by Monday to email@example.com. 1st place wins a $10 Old Mill gift card.
12. Attention Sophomores, we are raffling off the series 3 Apple Watch that was earned from your fundraiser. Tickets will be 1 for $5 or 6 for $20. See Mrs. Arganbright or Mr. Jensen to purchase. Drawing will take place at a later date.
13. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Hershey today at 4:30 pm.
14. Valentine Speech Invite is Saturday at 9:00 am.
15. JV/Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Ogallala at 3:00 pm Saturday.
16. There will be a behavioral health career conference at CSC on March 26th from 9 - 2:30 and will feature several behavioral health careers. Lunch will be served. There is no cost for attendance, as it is supported by the Behavioral Health Education Center of Nebraska. Interested in attending? Please let Mrs. Kilmer know ASAP.
17. Reserve Boys Basketball vs. Winner here Monday at 6:00 pm.
18. JV Wrestling at O’Neill Monday at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 Monday.
19. Student Council please sign up to work the concession stand Thursday, January 23rd outside of Mrs. Arganbright's room.
20. Congratulations to Mr. Beebout for being selected as the Staff member of the month last month. You can find the QR code located around the school to nominate a staff member for next month. Nominations will close January 26th.