January 8, 2020
1. Lunch for today is Home-style Chicken & Noodles w/Dinner roll, Country Fried Steak w/Dinner Roll, or Chef Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Mashed Potatoes w/Country Gravy, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
2. Students needing to change classes for this semester need to see Mrs. Kilmer for a request to change classes form that will need to be signed by the teachers and your parents and returned by Thurs. at 4:00 pm.
3. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
4. Junior class officer and student council members meet in Mrs. Adams room today right after school for a quick prom meeting. Juniors are reminded to pay $10 dues to Fletcher or Shauna if you haven’t already done so.
5. Internship students will meet in the classroom this week.
6. LOGOS meets today at 6:00 pm at the Presbyterian Church.
7. Religious Education classes today at 7:00 pm at the Catholic Church.
8. Boys basketball practice today at the high school from 3:45-5:30 and Girls will practice here from 4:30-6:00 pm.
9. JV Wrestling at Gothenburg Thursday at 3:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 10:00 am.
10. Varsity Wrestlers will depart at 5:00 pm Thursday for Columbus. Wrestling at Columbus is at 10:00 am Friday.
11. Tired of cooking after the holidays? Thursday come and support the Student Council by eating at Runza. On Thursday 10 % of the sales will go back to the Valentine Student Council. That will help towards our scholarship, spring community service, and next fall Homecoming. Thanks for your support.
12. Coronation will be held Sunday, February 9th at 5PM. A dance will be held after the ceremony from 7:30-10:30. Tickets will be on sale soon, any student that purchases a ticket and attends the ceremony will get into the dance for free. If you are a candidate and want to rent a tux reminder to get to Outback or Youngs and get it ordered.
13. Congratulations to those who made the 1st semester Honor Roll. It is posted in the office window. Let the office know if you are not listed but think you should be and we will check it out
14. JV/Varsity Girls Basketball here vs. Gordon/Rushville Friday at 6:00 pm.