December 16, 2019
- Lunch for today is Buffalo Ranch Macaroni & Cheese w/Breadstick, Cheeseburger, or Greek Chicken Salad w/Fire Roasted Flatbread, Sweet Potato Fries, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk. A reminder to throw your gum in the trash and to not leave it on your lunch tray!!
2. Bell Ringers are needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
3. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by next Wednesday. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
4. UNL is now offering Campus Visit Grants for students living 100+ miles from Lincoln. This is an awesome opportunity! The student and their family would be provided with an overnight stay at a hotel and/or a stipend for gas mileage. Interested seniors who have not visited campus previously, please email Renee Donner at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. To be eligible for the grant, the student must sign up for a visit by the end of December and come to campus by February.
5. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
6. Internship students, please be sure to check your email about due dates for this semester!
7. Student Council is selling candy cane grams until tomorrow. They are 1 for $1 or 6 for $5. Give your friends a small gift for being your friend! Happy Holidays!
8. Student Council is sponsoring Christmas Spirit Week Days next week: Today is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Candy Cane Day wear your red and white, and Wednesday is Christmas/Ugly sweater day.
9. JV Wrestling at O’Neill today at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:45 pm and depart at 3:00 pm.
10. Reserve Girls & Boys basketball at Todd Co. today at 6:00 pm. Departure at 4:15 pm.
11. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys Basketball is at Ainsworth tomorrow at 4:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm.
12. Students are reminded to bring your items for the Head Start food baskets. We deliver them Wednesday and you will not be allowed to go home to bring items you forgot. Remember that if you bring something that needs to be refrigerated to write your family letter on your item before bringing it to the office.