December 13, 2019
- Lunch for today is Mexi Tots w/Dnner Roll, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Strawberry Banana Yogurt Crunch Parfait w/Graham Crackers, Corn, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk. A reminder to throw your gum in the trash and to not leave it on your lunch tray!!
- Internship students: please be sure to check your email about due dates for this semester!
- Congratulations to the Wrestling team for beating Chadron 76-6 and Gordon 78-0!!
4. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
5. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by next Wednesday. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
6. Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here vs. Todd Co. today at 6:00 pm.
7. The FFA is hosting a canned food drive today during the Basketball games. Bring a canned food item to the game with you and you will receive a ticket for a free bag of popcorn!
8. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys Basketball here vs. Cozad Saturday at 2:30 pm.
9. Varsity Wrestling is at Gordon/Rushville Satuday at 11:30 am. Departure at 7:45 am.
10. The ACT test will be given to those who have registered to take it Saturday at 8 am in the commons. Those registered need to bring your ticket, your driver's license, 2 pencils, a calculator, and to be here by 7:50 am.
11. UNL is now offering Campus Visit Grants for students living 100+ miles from Lincoln. This is an awesome opportunity! The student and their family would be provided with an overnight stay at a hotel and/or a stipend for gas mileage. Interested seniors who have not visited campus previously, please email Renee Donner at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your visit. To be eligible for the grant, the student must sign up for a visit by the end of December and come to campus by February.
12. Juniors who are interested in state government and law are encouraged to apply for the Nebraska Attorney General's Youth Conference. Applications can be found at www.ago.nebraska.gov/youth-link and are due by February 14. This day-long conference allows for debate and discussion of the legal process in Nebraska, issues critical to students and their communities, along with lunch at the Governor's residence. Questions? See Mrs. Kilmer.
13. Internship students, please be sure to check your email about due dates for this semester!
14. Student Council is selling candy cane grams until Tuesday 12/17. 1 for $1 and 6 for $5. Give your friends a small gift for being your friend! Happy Holidays!
15. Student Council is sponsoring Christmas Spirit Week Days next week: Monday is Pajama Day, Tuesday is Candy Cane Day wear your red and white, and Wednesday is Christmas/Ugly sweater day.
16. Congratulations to Dillion Muirhead on placing 2nd place in the Job Skills Interview contest and qualifying for state.
17. Congratulations to the Conduct of Chapter Meetings Team for placing 2nd and qualifying for state. The team included: Jack Lancaster, Casey Miller, Gracey Taylor, Lee Major, Connor Kreutner, and Logan Witte.
18. JV Wrestling at O’Neill Monday at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 2:15 pm.
19. Reserve Girls & Boys basketball at Todd Co. Monday at 6:00 pm. Departure at 4:15 pm.
20. Students are reminded to bring your items for the Head Start food baskets. We deliver them next Wednesday and you will not be allowed to go home to bring items you forgot.