December 5, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Hot Pepperoni Sub, Breaded Beef Patty Sandwich, or Fresh Baked Roasted Chicken Sub, Zesty Pasta Salad, Frosted Chocolate Cake, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk. Reminder that anyone not purchasing a meal from the school lunch program will not be allowed to purchase items from the ala’carte.
2. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Boys basketball practice 3:45-6:00 pm tomorrow at the high school today. Girls will practice at the high school from 6:00 -8:00 pm. tomorrow.
3. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from now till Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
4. One Act play will perform for the high school and 7th & 8th grade students today at 8:15 am. Students will report to their period 1 class for attendance and will then be dismissed via intercom to the auditorium at 8:05 am. You will go back to your period 1 class at the conclusion of the performance so leave all materials in your classroom. We will operate the rest of the day on the 9:00 schedule.
5. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball here today vs. O’Neill at 4:30 pm.
6. One Act team will load the bus after school today and leave as soon as it is loaded for Districts at Sidney on Friday. Performance will be Friday at 9:45 am.
7. Use your spare change to promote change! Join the FBLA in supporting the March of Dimes, an organization that supports families with premature babies. Vote for who you think is the cutest baby by placing your change in their container in the office by Wednesday, December 18th. Help us reach our $100 goal...all proceeds will go to the March of Dimes!
8. Please scan the QR code and vote for the No Shave November contest! Who do you think had the Best and Best Attempt at No Shave November. The code is located by the teacher’s lounge door.
9. The Broadcasting class will be having a Holiday photo contest. Submit your most festive photo by 12/11 at 4 pm to email@example.com and you can have the chance to win an old Mill gift card.
10. JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball at McCook Saturday at 3:00 pm. Individual & team basketball pictures will be taken along with a team breakfast at 8:30 am. Departure will be at 10:00 am Saturday.
11. JV & Varsity Wrestling Saturday at O’Neill at 9:30 am. Departure at 5:30 am.
12. We are in need of more girls to sign up as mat maids. This has been a long standing tradition at VHS and our sign up numbers are extremely low. When you sign up you are signing up to help with our Valentine Wrestling Ivite. Duties include: hostess, towel hitters, concession and other areas where we need help. Please see Chelsea Lamb to get signed up to keep this long standing tradition going!!