November 25, 2019
- Lunch for today is Nosh’n but Brunch: Stuffed French Toast, Sloppy Joe Sandwich, or Crispy Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Hash Brown Triangle, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk. A reminder that you have to purchase a school lunch in order to purchase anything from the ala'carte line.
2. Student Council Members if you have not paid your dues you will go on the fines list as of December 1.
3. Sophomores if you did not sell the 10 item requirement you owe dues. Find Mrs. Arganbright to find out how much you owe. If it's not paid by December 1 you will be placed on the fines list.
4. Seniors: If you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook, check with KayLynn Miller.
5. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
6. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by tomorrow. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
7. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
8. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Girls basketball practice 3:45-6:00 pm at the middle school today. Boys will practice today at the high school 3:45-6:00 pm.
9. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 29-Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
10. SWC One Act play will be at Minden today. Performance is at 1:00 pm and they should be back around 9:30 pm.
11. FFA Greenhand Ceremony and Local LDE will be in the Commons tomorrow at 7:00 pm.
12. There will be no school Wednesday through Friday due to the Thanksgiving break. Classes will resume on Monday, December 2nd.
13. Are you ready for Speech? Come to the organizational meeting on Monday, December 2nd, at 3:40 pm in Mrs. Cardinal's Room. If you can't make it, but would like to participate, please email Mrs. Galvin and Mrs. Cardinal.
14. Student Council will have a meeting Tuesday, Dec. 3rd after school in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
15. Congratulations to Riece Rivera for being selected as the Badger Scholar of the week. Ms. DeNaeyer says Riece always comes to class ready to participate and learn. We have great discussions over the book he is reading, and he is genuinely interested in what we are learning every day. He is a leader when it comes to starting discussions, and also when I ask for volunteers to lead activities in my class. He is also not afraid to hold his classmates accountable for their behavior in my class. I really enjoy having him every day.
16. Congratulations to Sean Springer for being selected as the Badger of the Week: Mrs. Kilmer says Sean Springer's light work in one-act is phenomenal. This job is made even more difficult because he faces a new light board each week when we travel to other schools. He has a tough and often overlooked job. However, we could not perform without him. He is reliable, kind and polite, and works so well with the other crew, communicating via headset during our performances. He has been flawless thus far, and I am so grateful to him for the commitment he has made to our production of "That's Not How I Remember It." He deserves to be Badger of the Week.