November 19, 2019
- Lunch for today is Southwest Pulled Pork Nachos, Ham, Egg, & Cheese Biscuit Sandwich, or Fresh Baked turkey & Cheese Sub, Refried Beans, Cinnamon Stick, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice Thursday at 4:15 pm.
3. Student Council Members if you have not paid your dues you will go on the fines list as of December 1.
4. Sophomores if you did not sell the 10 item requirement you owe dues. Find Mrs. Arganbright to find out how much you owe. If it's not paid by December 1 you will be placed on the fines list.
5. Good News! Our fancloth has arrived!! We will be sorting it today and you can stop by after school to grab your orders!! Thank you for being patient with us!
6. Seniors: If you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook, check with KayLynn Miller.
7. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
8. One Act Play is at Gothenburg today. Performance will be at 4:45 pm and they should arrive back around 9:30 pm.
9. There will be a mandatory football meeting Wednesday morning at 7:50 a.m. for all 9th-11th grade boys going out for football in Mr. Beebout’s room.
10. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
11. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
12. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Girls basketball practice 6:00 am and again after school at the high school this week. Boys will practice today at the high school 6-8 pm.
13. County Government Day will be for the Seniors tomorrow morning. Seniors will report to period 1 class for attendance and then meet in the Commons to go to the courthouse. No make up slips will be issued for the periods 1-5 classes and they should be back in class by period 6.
14. Sandhills Leadership will depart for Cody tomorrow at 8:00 am.
15. Departure for Leadership Summit at Kearney will be tomorrow at 5:30 am. They should be home around 6:00 pm.
16. Departure for the Mock Trial at Bassett tomorrow is at 8:15 am. The first competition will be at 10:00 am.
17. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 29-Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.
18. FBLA Ribbon Team: Please meet in Mrs. Cardinal's room tomorrow right after school. All other FBLA members are also welcome to attend to stay informed of our upcoming activities!
19. Sophomores will be taking the Pre-ACT test at MPCC Thursday from 8:00-12:15 pm. Sophomores will report to their first period class for attendance and then go to the Commons where they will be bussed over to MPCC for the test. They will be eating 3rd lunch shift.
20. Med Terms class departs Thursday at 5:30 pm. for Lincoln as they will be visiting Bryan Health on Friday.