November 18, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Italian Dunkers w/Marinara Dipping Sauce, Baked Fish & Cheese Sandwich, or Greek Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice today at 4:15 pm.
3. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
4. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
5. One Act Play crew will load the bus today after school.
6. One Act Play will be at Gothenburg tomorrow and need to be at the school at 7:30 am. Performance will be at 4:45 pm and they should arrive back around 9:30 pm.
7. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
8. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
9. Winter sports practices begin today. Wrestling practice is every day after school. Girls basketball practice 6:00 am and again after school at the high school this week. Boys will practice Monday at the high school 6-8 pm.
10. County Government Day will be for the Seniors Wednesday morning. Seniors will report to period 1 class for attendance and then meet in the Commons to go to the courthouse. No make up slips will be issued for the periods 1-5 classes and they should be back in class by period 6.
11. Sandhills Leadership will depart for Cody Wednesday at 8:00 am.
12. Departure for the Leadership Summit at Kearney will be Wednesday at 5:30 am. They should be returning home around 6:00 pm.
13. Departure for the Mock Trial at Bassett Wednesday is at 8:15 am. The first competition will be at 10:00 am.
14. Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 29-Dec. 24th. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry Co. Volunteer for the Annual Kettle Campaign by contacting Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400.