November 15, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Home-style Scalloped Potatoes & ham w/Dinner Roll, Pepperoni or Cheesy Garlic French Bread Pizza, or Roasted Ham & Cheddar Deli Wrap, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Mock Trial practice Monday at 4:15 pm.
3. Congratulations to the Senior Livestock Judging Team of Torrie Tinant, Fletcher Larsen, Michaela Keller, and Brayden Kieborz for winning yesterday in Curtis. Also to Alyssa Hockenbary for placing 4th in the Junior division.
4. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
5. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
6. One Act Play practice today at 3:45 pm. and Monday at 7:00 am. They will load the bus Monday after school.
7. One Act Play will be at Gothenburg next Tuesday all day.
8. There will be a mandatory meeting for all 9-11th grade football players today at 3:15 pm. in Mr. Beebout’s room.
9. The football banquet will be today at 5:30 pm in the Commons. Parents are asked to bring the following: Seniors/Juniors to bring main dish; Sophomores/managers-side dish; and Freshmen-dessert.
10. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
11. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Freshmen take cans to Mrs. Arganbright, Sophomores to Ms. DeNaeyer, Juniors to Ms. Epke, and Seniors to Mr. Beebout’s room. Join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
12. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by today. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.
13. Winter sports practices begin next week. Wrestling practice every day after school. Girls basketball practice next week is 6:00 am and again after school at the high school. Boys will practice Monday at the high school 6-8 pm.