November 8, 2019
1. Lunch for today is Taco Burger, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Turkey & Cheddar Deli Wrap, Zesty Black Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Student council members please pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Seniors need to pay class dues of $20 to Katherine Petersen or Mrs. P.
4. One Act Play practice at 3:45 pm today.
5. The 9-11th grade volleyball girls are asked to meet in the gym briefly after school today.
6. Math Bowl practice @ 3:35 pm Monday in Mrs. Hoefs' room.
7. Seniors: Check your email from KayLynn. Please respond if you’d like to be included in the senior quote section of the yearbook.
8. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic & emailed or physical copy can be scanned & returned to you.
9. Students, teachers, and staff. The VAAC is hosting Her Crooked Heart in the auditorium on Sunday at 6 pm. The concert is free; donations will be accepted. If you like songs with stories, beautiful harmonies, and a folk/indie sound, you will love this event. Please come and join us!
10. The Veteran’s Day Program will be combined with the other schools here in the gym at 2:00 pm Monday, Nov. 11th. Classes Monday will run on the 2:00 schedule and classes will be dismissed via intercom to go to the program and then will go back to their 8th period class at the conclusion of the program to get their materials.
11. American Legion Auxiliary Unit 90 and the Valentine Lions Club are celebrating our Veterans & Remembering Our Fallen with a Potato Bar & Chili Feed Monday, Nov. 11th from 5-7 pm. Fireworks will go off at 7:30 pm. Everyone is encouraged to also visit the Memorial Wall Nov. 9th-13th at the Fairgrounds.
12. FFA Week is next week! Help us celebrate by wearing your “bibs and boots” and dressing “punchy” on Friday, November 15th.
13. Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.For more info go to: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
14. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
15. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
16. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.