November 4, 2019
- Lunch for today is Cheeseburger Soup w/Dinner Roll, Oven Roasted Hot Dog, or Fajita Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Green Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
2. Student council members please pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
3. Seniors need to pay class dues of $20 to Katherine Petersen or Mrs. P.
4. One Act Play practice at 7:00 pm today.
5. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be electronic copy and emailed or physical copy can be scanned and returned to you.
6. Mock Trial practice today at 4:15 pm.
7. Have you ever wanted to travel internationally? Students & adults will have the opportunity to travel to Ireland, Scotland, and England May 22nd - June 12th, 2020. Please contact Carrie Ford at email@example.com if you are interested. Please note we will not be traveling again until May of 2023.Click on this link to learn more about the itinerary and cost: www.eftours.com/2198108vv
8. College Visit to NCTA at Curtis and Mid Plains Community College in North Platte is today and they should be back around 5:30 pm.
9. State wrestling ticket orders are now being taken at the high school office. Tickets are again $32 per person for all sessions February 20th through the 22nd in Omaha. Orders must be paid at the time of order and in to the high school office by Thanksgiving break. This deadline is firm. Make checks payable to Valentine High School.
10. The Student Council is joining in the Movember Movement. Participate in the No Shave November to help raise awareness by embracing our hair, which many cancer patients lose, and letting it grow wild and free. For $5 or get pledges from your family and friends you can be entered for the prizes for BEST and Best Attempt from November 1-26th. All proceeds will go to St. Judes Children's Hospital.
11. From now till Dec. 2 the Student Council is sponsoring a canned food drive. Look for the signs and join in the competition. The class that brings the most items will earn a prize during lunch at a later date. We will also be competing with the Middle School. There will be a prize for the school that brings the most items.
12. Volleyball will check in gear at 3:35 pm tomorrow.
13. There will be a FFA fruit sales meeting tomorrow at 3:45 pm.
14. FBLA Officers will meet Wednesday at 7:30 am.
15. The John Baylor ACT Test Prep will be Wednesday from 8-10 am. Classes will then run on 10:00 schedule. Students should report to their period 1 class by 8:00 am for attendance first.
16. There will be a Wrestling team meeting Wednesday in Mr. Allison's room after school.
17. There will be a Student Council meeting after school Wednesday in Mrs. Arganbright’s room.
18. Seniors with a GPA of 3.75 or higher, an ACT score of at least 24, and an EFC (as determined by the FAFSA) of less than $6,500 - do not miss out on applying for the Hagan Scholarship. This scholarship provides up to $6,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and must be completed by November 15. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - see Mrs. Kilmer's website for hundreds of others.
19. Football gear check-in and team voting will be tomorrow (Tuesday) after school. You must have your stuff washed before you can turn it in. You will be placed on the fines list if you fail to bring your gear Tuesday.
20. Those going to the UNL Math day will have a practice this Thursday after school in Mrs. Hoefs room.