October 7, 2019
- Lunch for today is Scalloped Potatoes & Ham w/Dinner Roll, Cheeseburger, or Fajita Salad w/Tortilla Chips, Green Beans, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
- Congratulations to Aluxyn Hollenbeck and Chase Olson for being crowned Homecoming Queen and King.
3. Student council members please remember to pay your dues to Allison Hitchcock or Mrs Arganbright ASAP.
4. Sophomores remember to share the link to the fancloth store. We are 1/2 to our goal and the store closes October 10th. If you are not going to sell any apparel you can pay your dues to Mrs. Arganbright so you do not get put on the fines list. Thank you.
5. There will be a flu shot clinic sponsored by the local Health Department on Thursday,October 10 at the high school from 9-11am. This is open to school students, staff, families, and the public. The CDC recommends the flu shot for anyone over age 6 MONTHS, with VERY FEW exceptions. Getting the flu shot reduces your risk of getting or carrying the influenza viruses from 40-90%! They do bill insurance so bring your card and parent permission, and let’s reduce influenza in our schools this year!
6. Everyone in FBLA needs to sign up on the sheet outside of Mrs. Cardinal’s room to help set up and take down for Old West Days.
7. Attention seniors, please turn in a senior photo and a baby picture to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner by November 26th. Pictures can be an electronic copy and emailed or a physical copy can be scanned and returned to you.
8. Chadron State College rep will be here today at 1:00 pm. The rep from Nebraska Wesleyan will be here tomorrow at 9:00 am. Sign up in the office if you want to see either one of them.
9. JV Football will be at O’Neill today at 5:30 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:45 pm.
10. One Act Play practice today at 7:00 am.
11. The library will be closed today periods 1-6.
12. If you are planning on participating in speech this year, please sign up to work concessions! We are running the stands on 10/15/19 (Tuesday - VB) and 10/18/19 (Friday - FB). Please sign up outside of Mrs. Cardinal's room by Wednesday, 10/9/19!
13. JV & Varsity Volleyball here vs. Ogallala & Gothenburg tomorrow at 4:00 pm. JV games will be at the Middle School.
14. Girls Golf Districts will be at McCook tomorrow.
15. District Livestock Judging clinic will be at Valentine Wednesday during periods 2-7.
16. Freshmen will meet with the magazine salesman at 3:10 pm Wednesday.
17. There is no school Thursday due to Parent Teacher Conferences from 8 am-4 pm. There is no school Friday due to Fall break.
18. Congratulations to Grace Maunu for being selected as our Badger of the Week. Mrs. Gass says Grace's work ethic and desire to improve as a student and a runner has earned her this nomination. She is an excellent role model for her teammates, especially the Middle School runners. When the workouts are long, routes hilly, and the temperature is in the 80's Grace never complains and she never gives up. Grace always gives her best effort.
19. Congratulations to Hayden Larabee for being selected as our Badger Scholar of the Week. Mr. Jensen says Hayden has shown many characteristics so far in World History that make him an outstanding student. He is maintaining a 100% in class while being attentive, hard-working, curious, and helpful. Not only has he asked some great questions, but he helps his peers to understand some of the topics we have been talking about as well. Thank you for being an active participant and helpful for your classmates! Keep up the great work!