VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, August 30, 2019
August 30, 2019.
- Lunch for today is Pepperoni or Cheesy Garlic French Bread Pizza, Baked Fish & Cheese Sandwich, or Grilled Chicken Deli Wrap, Corn on the Cob, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk
- High School Activity passes can be purchased in the office. Prices are $35.00 for students, $70.00 for adults and $175.00 for family pass.
- Reminder to those taking dual-credit classes - turn your forms in to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible but no later than September 19. You will also need to complete your online application to MPCC if this is your first year for dual-credit and take the Accuplacer (if needed). No payment is required so do not let this opportunity for college credit pass you by. See Mrs. Kilmer if you have questions.
- Mid-Plains Community College will be here September 5th from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. in the board room for students to take the Accuplacer.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-19 school year (last year) have arrived and may be picked up in the office if you ordered one. If you did not order one we have a few extras that are on a first come first serve basis for $50.
- All students (both cast and crew) who are interested in one-act should report to Mrs. P's room right after school next Tuesday, Sept. 3rd for a very short informational meeting. Students will be able to learn about the season, see the schedule, and see portions of the script for tryouts. Come join us! We would love to have you!
- Tryouts for this year's one act play will be held next Wednesday, September 4th right after school and September 5th at 7 a.m. in Mrs. Pilakowski's room. Athletes should plan accordingly in order to not miss your sports practices.
- The seniors are scheduled to meet with Jostens rep on Tuesday, Sept. 3 at 1:00 pm. It should take maybe 20-25 minutes.
- Varsity Football will be at Mitchell today at 7:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 12:45 pm. Volleyball leaves at 5:00 pm today for Kearney and will compete in the Minden Invite Saturday at 9:00 am.
- There is no school Monday due to Labor Day. Classes resume Tuesday. Enjoy your long weekend.
- Congratulations to the 2019-2020 NHS Officers! President is Skyler Reagle, President Elect- Elli Springer, Vice President- Rhea Benson, Treasurer- Jenna Cox, Secretary- Dillion Muirhead, Student Council Reps- Calvin Stoeger and Michaela Keller. Officers, please meet in Mrs. Stoner's room next Wednesday at 7:40 AM for a brief meeting.
- Congratulations to the golf team for taking 1st yesterday with a 432. All 5 varsity medaled in the top 10. Ramsey placed 2nd with 96, Nicole 4th with 108, Becca 7th with 113, Shauna 8th with 115, and Mekallyn 10th with 118.