VHS Daily Announcements
Thursday, August 15, 2019
August 15, 2019
- Lunch for today is Hot Pepperoni Sub, Chicken Nuggets w/roll, or Roasted Chicken Sub, Coleslaw, Pasta Salad, Sugar Cookie, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Due to the all school assembly at 8:00 this morning, classes today are running on the shortened schedule and we will be eating today during period 4 classes.
- Breakfast will be served each day from 7:30 to 7:50 a.m. Regular priced breakfasts are $1.70. Extra milk is $.50 and juice is $1.50. Regular priced lunches are $3.00. If you have not placed any money in your lunch account, you need to do so as soon as possible. Free and Reduced meal applications need to be turned in as soon as possible if you plan on participating in the program. When depositing money in the office you need to specify if you want the money to go on your brother or sisters’ account.
- The district’s policy on charged meals is if a student has no funds available to pay for a meal, the student will be permitted to charge up to 5 meals. Thereafter, if a student has no funds available to pay for a meal, no food will be provided by the school.
- Students wishing a second meal (on the main dish only) need to obtain a ticket from the office before lunch on the day you want your seconds meal. You must have money in your account in order to receive a second meal, or to purchase any extra items. Seconds meals cost $1.70 and on name brand pizza day the second piece of pizza will cost $1.90. The fruit and veggie bar and milk comes with the meal and students are encouraged to take advantage of what comes with the meal. There are a number of extra items that can be purchased separately, however these do require that you have money in your account in order to purchase these. Students need to check with their parents to establish any family rules about what you are allowed to put on your account. Students are not allowed to save or hold a reserved space in the lunch line and you need to stay in line.
- All Students need to remember to bring back the orange information sheet that was mailed home to you, since this has the Tylenol and Ibuprofen permission on it as well as address and phone changes on it. Students must also return the green student handbook receipt that was mailed home, and the Chrome book receipt with the $20.00 fee for Chromebook use.
- Students are to use their assigned lockers for their books. The wooden cubbies are for coats & gym bags that will not fit into your locker. Everything in the cubby should be cleaned out each night as you leave the building.
- Football practice will be at 4 pm today.
- Cross Country, Volleyball, and Girls Golf will all practice today after school.
- Those interested in Mock Trial need to sign up in Mrs. Adams' room (113).
- All class change forms will need to be signed by 4:00 Monday and turned into the office if you are making any changes for the first semester.
- The representative from Mid Plains Community College will be here next Tuesday, Aug. 20th to speak in the Dual Credit classes.
- Class meetings will be held next Wednesday at 10:15 a.m. during the last part of period 3. Information on signing up to be a class officer will be in next week’s announcements.