May 2, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Hot Pepperoni Sub, Spicy or Crispy Chicken Sandwich, or Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Peas, Gelatin Dessert, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- We are running on a 10:00 schedule today due to the assembly this morning from 8-10, so lunch will be during period 4 today.
- Mock Trial t-shirts are $15.00 and need to be picked up from Mrs. Adams.
- Prom pictures are done. Students: check the email you gave the photographer if you’d like to purchase.
- Volleyball girls going to Ogallala team camp need to stop in the office and pick up a registration form.
- Yearbooks for the 2018-2019 school year are available to be ordered during the lunch period this week for $45 each. To ensure you receive one, you must order in advance while on sale. No extras will be ordered.
- If you are in Student Council and want to be an officer please find an application form in the office. Officer applications are due Monday May 6th. Current Student Council members check your email.
- Manufacturing class are taking the Welding Certification class at Scottsbluff today.
- There is no school tomorrow due to the Valentine Track Invite starting at 10:00 am.
- SWC Boys golf will be at Cozad tomorrow at 11:00 am. Departure at 6:30 am.
- The Badger Booster Banquet will be held Sunday, May 5th at 6:00 pm at the Peppermill. The Boosters have free tickets for the athletes but you will need to pick up your free ticket in the office TODAY if you plan to attend. Adult tickets are available in the office for $12.00 each.
- Attention Seniors: You need to turn in a wallet size picture to Mrs. Stoner by next Tuesday, May 7th for the hallway composite.
- All current NHS officers and new inductees please be in the auditorium next Monday morning at 7:30 AM to practice for the induction ceremony.
- National Honor Society Induction ceremony and the High School Honors Day program will be in the Auditorium next Monday at 7:00 pm. Students will be awarded certificates in their academic classes as well as fine arts & music. Other awards will be for scholastic letters, PE classes, Quiz Bowl, Mock Trial, Speech, attendance and much more. All students are encouraged to attend the Honors Day program. A list will be in the office window Monday morning of those that we know will be receiving at least one award.
- All seniors going through the graduation commencement on May 11, check into your 1st period class on Monday, May 6 and then go to the auditorium for a brief meeting.
- All library books are due back to the Library by Monday May 7th and any fines due will need to be paid before you check out at the end of the year.
- Students who are signed up to take Calculus, Pre-Calc, Statistics, and College Comp next school year should plan to take the Accuplacer on May 6, 7, or 9. Carolyn Petersen from Mid-Plains will be at the high school from 8-3:31 all three days. To qualify for dual-credit, students will need:
Calculus: an ACT Math score of 26 or take the Accuplacer
Pre-Calc: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer
Statistics: an ACT Math score of 22 or take the Accuplacer
College Comp: ACT Reading and English scores of 18 or take the Accuplacer
This has not changed from last year. These are the only 4 classes that require an Accuplacer score, and students may take the test more than once in order to get the needed score. If you do not complete the test during these days, students will need to report to Mid-Plains OVER THE SUMMER BEFORE SCHOOL STARTS IN AUGUST to retest. Do not let this opportunity pass you by!