High School Daily Announcements
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
March 27, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Spaghetti w/Garlic Breadstick, Beef & Bean Burrito, or Grilled Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Peas, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the list in the office window. Some of you are going to be scrambling to get your forms signed by dates and parents if you don’t get your invite soon!
- Reminder that if you do intend on going to prom the deadline for all the forms to be signed and turned in to Mrs. Adams is next Friday, April 5th.
- Order forms forT Shirts for the three time state champion Badger wrestling team are in the office for anyone interested. Orders must be placed with the Outback by May 1st.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- The Keya Paha Art Show will be today at Springview.
- Seniors attending the Adulting 102 class tomorrow in Kearney will depart at 4:30 a.m. No make up slips for the Seniors for tomorrow but you are expected to make up any work with individual teachers if there is something they will be missing for the day.
- If ordering a tuxedo for prom from the Outback please order before next Monday, April 1st.
- The Valentine Middle School has challenged VES and VHS in a contest to see who can raise the most money to help victims of the recent flooding. So, today, Thursday and Friday, any student and staff may wear a hat after paying a minimum of $1 each day. This is just one small thing we can do to help those in need. Please see Mr. Cronin or Mr. Brown at the beginning of each day to participate.
- Attention students who registered to take the Saturday, April 13 ACT: ACT made the decision to close our test center for the April 13 test date. They do this when fewer than 16 examinees have registered to test and if alternate test centers are available. You have been reassigned to another test center and will be notified via e-mail from ACT of the details.
- On April 2nd the Junior class will be taking their Nebraska State Accountability testALL JUNIORS ARE REQUIRED TO BE AT SCHOOL BY 7:30 AM. The ACT test is a time consuming test and will require testing from 8:00 am until approximately 1:00 – 1:15 pm. Once the ACT testing starts, students are not to enter or leave. Lunch will not be provided. On this testing date, the Freshman, Sophomore and Senior classes will not have to attend school. Juniors will be dismissed for the day at approximately 1:00 pm.
- Boys golf will be at Stapleton Thursday for their invite at 10:00 am. The Ainsworth Golf Invite scheduled for Thursday has been postponed.
- Friday will be an “On to College Day” from 8:00 am till 10:00 am and then the rest of the day we will run on the 10:00 schedule.