High School Daily Announcements
Monday, March 18, 2019
March 18, 2019
- Lunch for today will be Pancakes & Sausage w/Eggs, Sloppy Joe, or Crispy Chicken Salad w/Roasted Flatbread, Hash Brown Triangle, Fruit & Veggie Bar & Milk.
- Prom invites were distributed to the Juniors & Seniors that did not have a fine so if you did not receive your invite, see the list in the office window. Underclassmen will not be allowed to go to prom if asked by someone if your name is on the list. The fines list is updated daily and posted in the office window.
- Reminder to Juniors and Seniors to turn in your $10 fee for post prom in the office. Tons of prizes this year! No one will go home empty handed.
- Attention sophomores: The Nebraska HOBY Leadership seminar will be held on May 31-June 2 on the campus of Concordia University. If you are interested, please talk to Mrs. Kilmer as soon as possible for registration purposes. You can also find more information at www.hobynebraska.org.
- The Agri-Science Fair interviews will be at 5:00 pm Tuesday.
- Hired Hand Auction and soup & sandwiches supper will be Tuesday night at 6:00 pm in the Commons.
- Quiz Bowl team will practice Wednesday at 7:15 a.m.
- Sandhills Leadership will be meeting in Valentine this Wednesday.
- Advanced Biology Class will be doing Valentine CSI from 1:30-3:31 pm. Wednesday.
- State Speech qualifiers will perform for the school Wednesday at 1:50 pm. Departure for Kearney at 2:40 pm. Good luck at State!
- All students in the TeamMates Mentoring program be sure to check their emails and complete the survey as soon as possible.
- There is a Toshiba computer charger that was left on the bus, also a nice jute Christian bracelet was turned into the office this morning. If either of these is yours, please see the office.
- Congratulations to this week’s Badger of the week, Grace Woodraska. Mrs. Pilakowski says over the past two weeks, Grace has become both conference and district champion with her entertainment speech "My Years of Dance...or why Childhood Dreams should just stay dreams." She's excelled, medalling at every meet this year and will no doubt represent VHS well at the state meet!"
- Congratulations to this week’s Badger Scholar of the week, Delaney Robison. Delaney has put in time to prepare for the District Floriculture contest and it paid off as she placed 4th place in the District Competition for the second year in a row. She lead the Valentine FFA Floriculture team to a 3rd place finish and qualified them for the State Competition. Delaney also volunteered to be a member of the Nursery/Landscape team last minute and lead that team to state as well.
- Happy Birthday to the following this week: Mr. Beebout, Abbie Sandoz & Katie Petersen.