High School Daily Announcements
Valentine High School
Monday, February 11, 2019
February 11, 2019
- Lunch for today is: Popcorn Chicken w/Dinner roll, Peppy Tortillas Burrito, Greek Chicken Salad w/Flatbread, Vegetable Stir Fry Medley, Fruit & Veggie Bar, & Milk.
- Girls basketball practice today at the high school at 3:45 and Boys will practice at the high school at 6:00 pm.
- Girs Sub District basketball will begin at Chadron tomorrow at 5:00 pm. Team will dismiss at 1:20 and will depart at 1:30 pm.
- A representative from Mid Plains Community College will be here Tuesday at 10:00 am for those that want to see them that have signed up in the office.
- A representative from Wayne State College will be here Wednesday at 1:00 pm for those that want to see them that have signed up in the office.
- Girls State applications are due by this Thursday at 4:00 pm.
- All NHS members must pay $10 in dues by February 15th to Aluxyn Hollenbeck or Mrs. Stoner.
- Freshman check with Mrs. Arganbright to see if you owe class dues.
- Congratulations to the Valentine Badger Wrestling team for earning the District 1 Championship! Those that qualified for State are: Jarrett Battershaw, Chris Williams, Tobin Olson, Gage Krolikowski, Morgan McGinley, Chase Olson, Gunnar Battershaw, Caleb Long, and Lane McGinley. Great job Badgers!!
- Other students going to State Wrestling are reminded that you will need to have a parent or guardian call the office or bring a note so we can get your make up work in advance if you will be missing school.
- Check out the lost and found articles in the Commons and take home what is yours.
- Congratulations to the Badger of the Week, Renee Fisbeck. Mr. Fulton says Renee is having a great year in choir! She goes above and beyond in class and has awesome leadership skills!!
- Congratulations to the Badger Athlete of the Week, Brennann Jackson. Coach Loofe says Brennann has not seen the amount of playing time he would have liked to see this season but that has not changed his attitude or mindset. Everyday he comes to practice ready to work and with a smile on his face. He does everything that's asked of him and never complains about anything. He's always willing to help a team mate or the coaching staff. It has been a joy being around such a great person the past 4 years. We could all learn a thing or 2 from him and his attitude on life. Be like B-Jack!
- Happy birthday to the following this week: Gracie Gudgel, Mason Harp, Tyson Welch, Kaylee Wenig, Drake Janssen, Dylan Haase.
- Congratulations to our Coronation King and Queen: Nathan Flannery and Bradi Larabee and to the Prince and Princess Brody Benson & Bailey Witt. Congratulations to Katherine Petersen and Jayce Anderson our Duke and Duchess, to Michaela Keller and Blaine Sage our Count and Countess, and to Nicole Williams and Tagg Buechle for being our Pages. Also congratulations to Reganne Schrunk for being selected as the Most for VHS. Thanks to everyone that helped with Coronation. You all did a fantastic job!