VHS Daily Announcements
Friday, December 04, 2020
December 4, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Italian Combo Sub, Cheese or Pepperoni Pizza, or Honey Garlic Glazed Chicken over Rice, Mixed Vegetables, Baby Carrots Fresh and Canned Fruit & Milk.
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- Mrs. Arganbright is looking for a 3 students to help stream the games on Saturday. Two at the high school and 1 for JV at the middle school. Please find her today and she’ll give you the details.
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army through-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Student Council will be ringing the bells on December 10th & 17th at IGA and Bomgaars from 4:30-7:00 both nights. There are a couple open spots for bell ringing on December 10th and December 17th.
- The list of students who owe teachers work has been updated and is hanging in the window outside the office by the lockers. Those who don't have homework in will be required to attend school on Dec. 21 and 22.
- District One Acts is at Sidney Saturday with Valentine performing at 4:30 pm CST. They will depart for Sidney at 10:30 am but will need to be here at 8:30 am to run through the lines before leaving. They should arrive back in Valentine around 10:30 pm.
- JV & Varsity Girls & Boys basketball will be here Saturday starting at 3:00 pm vs. McCook. JV Girls and Boys games will be at the Middle School, with the JV Boys playing first at 3 pm.
- Varsity Wrestling is at O’Neill Saturday at 9:30 am. Departure at 5:30 am
- Anyone interested in becoming a Certified Nurses Assistant there will be a class at the MPCC campus on December 8 at 5:30 PM.
- Nails by Becky is looking for Bell ringers for this Saturday 9 am till 3 pm. See Becky if interested.
- Informal Speech practice will be starting today from 3:45-5:00. We will also be meeting December 8, 11, and 15 from 3:45-5:00.
- Student Council meeting Monday right after school. It will be very brief or see Mrs. Arganbright before the end of the day.
- Sports pictures will be taken the on the following days: Basketball on December 10th at 3:30 and Wrestling on December 11th at 3:30 pm.
- Parents Night for basketball will be on Tuesday December 8th and will be for Senior parents only. The Girls will be done between the girls JV and Varsity Game. The boys will be done right before we announce starters since we are not having both sets of fans in the gym at the same time.