VHS Daily Announcements
Tuesday, November 24, 2020
November 24, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Combo Sub, Cheeseburger Macaroni Skillet w/Garlic Breadstick, or Popcorn Chicken Bites w/Garlic Breadstick, Corn, Brocooli Florets, Fresh and Canned Fruit & Milk.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- All lockers need to be cleaned out completely as the custodians will be sanitizing all of the lockers over the Thanksgiving break. This includes gym lockers so if you are involved in an extra curricular activity, you will have to bring items with you to practice.
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Girls basketball will practice today @ 3:45 at the high school. They will also practice @ 3:00 pm on Friday and 8 am on Saturday @ the high school. Boys basketball practice today at 4 pm at the Middle school. Wrestling practice is after school today.
- In an effort to mitigate the spread of Covid 19, Thanksgiving break that was scheduled for Wednesday through Friday this week will be extended through next Monday & Tuesday. There will be no classes at Valentine Community Schools November 30th or December 1st as well. Deep cleaning will be taking place during this time. Classes will resume Wednesday, December 2nd.
- FBLA’s Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons. Badger gear can be purchased with cash or check.
- Congratulations to the cast and crew of "Summer of KAOS" for earning the Runner-Up title yesterday at Southwest Conference. Your second plaque of the season, and we are so proud of you! The following were chosen as Outstanding Performers for the day: Tim Egelhoff, Renee Fisbeck, Grace Maunu, James Woodraska, Calvin Stoeger, and Lindsey Boes. Way to go cast and crew; it takes every one of you to make this possible! You matter!--
- One Act play will perform for the Senior class today at 9:00 am. This will be livestreamed so everyone else can view it in their classrooms. Seniors will report to their period 2 class for attendance and will then go to the auditorium.
- The Local LDE and Greenhand ceremony will be in the gym tonight at 8:00 pm.
- Picture re-takes at Adamson’s Studio will be Wednesday, Dec. 2nd from 4-6 pm.
- Thank you all so much for your support with the canned food drive that the Student Council and FBLA put on, we really appreciate it! We gathered 354 items, weighing in at 401 pounds! Here are the results by class:4th place-sophomores with 55 items, 3rd place-freshmen with 75 items, 2nd place-seniors with 111 items &1st place-juniors with 113 items. We will pass out the free FBLA suckers to the juniors at the end of 8th period today!
- The list of students who owe teachers work has been updated and is hanging in the window outside the office by the lockers. Those who don't have homework in will be required to attend school on Dec. 21 and 22.
- Student Council will be ringing the bells on December 10th & 17th at IGA and Bomgaars from 4:30-7:00 both nights.
- Students are reminded that when you are absent from school a parent or guardian needs to call in ahead of time if it is known you will be gone or on the actual day you are gone. If we don’t receive a phone call for your absence you need to bring a note the next day.