VHS Daily Announcements
Monday, November 23, 2020
November 23, 2020
- Lunch for today is: Fresh Baked Ham & Cheese Sub, Sloppy Joe, or Grilled Chicken Sandwich, Green Beans, Baby Carrots, Fresh and Canned Fruit & Milk.
- Seniors: The Hagan Scholarship announced some big changes that are great news for you! You still must have a GPA of 3.75 or higher, but they eliminated the rule about class rank. They also extended the due date to December 1. Apply at www.hsfmo.org - See Mrs. Kilmer for details.
- Everyone should check the fines list in the office to see if you have something listed on it.
- All lockers need to be cleaned out completely as the custodians will be sanitizing all of the lockers over the Thanksgiving break.
- Bell Ringers will be needed for the Salvation Army from Nov. 27th-Dec. 24th, so if you would like to volunteer individually or if you sponsor an organization that you want your organization to help ring bells; contact Shelley Pier at 402-322-5400. 90% of the money raised will stay in Cherry County.
- Southwest Conference One Acts is today at Minden. The team will perform at noon. Team will arrive back around 6pm.
- Girls basketball will practice today & Tuesday @ 3:45 @ the high school. They will also practice @ 3:00 pm on Friday and 8 am on Saturday @ the high school. Boys basketball practice today at 6 pm and tomorrow it will be at 4 pm at the Middle school. Wrestling practice is after school today and tomorrow.
- In an effort to mitigate the spread of Covid 19, Thanksgiving break will be extended. There will be no classes at Valentine Community Schools November 30th or December 1st. Deep cleaning will be taking place during this time. Classes will resume Wednesday, December 2nd.
- FBLA’s Badger Den will be open over the lunch period in the Commons. Badger gear can be purchased with cash or check.
- One Act play will perform for the Senior class tomorrow at 9:00 am. This will be livestreamed so everyone else can view it in their classrooms. Seniors will report to their period 2 class for attendance and will then go to the auditorium.
- The Local LDE and Greenhand ceremony will be in the gym tomorrow at 8:00 pm.
- Picture re-takes at Adamson’s Studio will be Wednesday, Dec. 2nd from 4-6 pm.